tank bag

busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If I want to fit a tank bag with ring on fuel filler can someone suggest one ?

I've looked at some but not sure they fit with keyless system/fuel filler.

I use the Givi one with the ring attachment. It's a really handy tank bag size, not so large it stresses the top of the tank cover (which you have to watch). Has a handy phone pocket on top (see through) and a cross slot for a charging cable at the front of the bag. Comes with a carrying strap and carry handle too. Works with Keyless as it doesn't obstruct the filler.

I'm not a fan of tank-bags but since I down-sized from my GSA panniers to RS panniers the need is obvious. I like the idea of a tank-ring and a bag that clips into or onto it, but the mechanism seems to reduce the internal volume quite a bit. After a bit of research I eventually went for a Wunderlich Elephant sport bag. It clips to a couple of fasteners that replace the fairing screws, and there's a small plate that fits to the tank ring. Easy to put on and take off and there is no compromising of the internal volume.
I posted earlier about 'buying from Wunderlich' - for me, it worked out cheaper than buying from Nippy Normans.

I use the Givi one with the ring mount system. Same one exactly that I used with the GSA. Works fine with the keyless system. I have a spare bag and ring mount if wanted?

I just ordered one of these last week.....should be with me in a day or so...

Kappa is the sister brand to Givi and this fits the Tanklock rings.

4.5ltrs....should be a good size and has the cable Grommet at the back.

One of the things I liked about it is.....it has a separate little zipped pocket for the waterproof cover.

Kappa DR04
b06f637ba42ff304cf9a9224218f0192.jpg

Sent with a Zen10

Picture of mine mounted on the bike

Attachments

• Tankbag1.jpg
    Tankbag1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 9
I have the Kappa version of the excellent Givi XS307. Used on all my bikes since 2015. Tracer, Triumph Explorer, S1000XR and the R1200RS.

Givi have just released an update https://www.givi.co.uk/givi-product...scooters/motorcycle-tank-bags/xs307y-tanklock - note the Y suffix. The difference is the addition of a cable port, tablet holder and inner waterproof liner.

There has been a price hike as well and it has just been listed at SBS https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/2316248

I have the Kappa version of the excellent Givi XS307. Used on all my bikes since 2015. Tracer, Triumph Explorer, S1000XR and the R1200RS.

Givi have just released an update https://www.givi.co.uk/givi-product...scooters/motorcycle-tank-bags/xs307y-tanklock - note the Y suffix. The difference is the addition of a cable port, tablet holder and inner waterproof liner.

There has been a price hike as well and it has just been listed at SBS https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/2316248
Think I have that Kappa bag aswell......

Clear map pocket on top and 2 zipped side pockets??

Sent with a Zen10

Picture of mine mounted on the bike
Fantastic bag...... unfortunately the zip just gave up the ghost in the last few weeks.

I think my RS was the 4th bike it was on....

Sent with a Zen10

I use the Givi one with the ring attachment. It's a really handy tank bag size, not so large it stresses the top of the tank cover (which you have to watch). Has a handy phone pocket on top (see through) and a cross slot for a charging cable at the front of the bag. Comes with a carrying strap and carry handle too. Works with Keyless as it doesn't obstruct the filler.
Thet little zipped cover (that goes over that window) is a great little spot for a bank card .......when having to deal with French (or any other countries) Toll Routes......quick and easy to get to the card without the risk of loosing shit when you unzip the main bag to get to your wallet.

Sent with a Zen10

Back
Top Bottom