Chimay Classic Road races 2019

deksawyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone heading to Chimay in July for the classic racing? There's 4 of us from Scotland heading down. We stayed there for one night in '17 - I bet its just a tad busier when the tracks open eh?

D.

We went last year, it’s a bit busier but a lot just come in for the day. So it wasn’t too bad in the town in the evenings although obviously the restaurants are busier than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first time last year, I did the classic, & it was the open the following weekend, fabulous weekend, the weather was perfect if not a little warm may i say, but I recommend the local Chimay white beer, met one or two tossers, if you're camping get there early. Still undecided about this year.

We’ll be there for the Classics and it’ll probably get messy around midnight on the Friday and Saturday nights :beerjug:

We’ll be there for the Classics and it’ll probably get messy around midnight on the Friday and Saturday nights :beerjug:

Mind and wear a forum name badge so I can tell who you are. Actually, do you know Dennis from these parts? He's one of our group heading over.

D.

Mind and wear a forum name badge so I can tell who you are. Actually, do you know Dennis from these parts? He's one of our group heading over.

D.

We don’t do name badges, it’s secret handshakes once you’re on the hallowed turf of the Chimay municipal campsite :hippy

I don’t know Dennis but if he can master the handshake then I’ll be more than pleased to share beers with him along with anyone else who turns up :beerjug:

Well, look out for a 1190 Adv, a Stelvio, a Tenere and an GS1100 Adv. That'll be us.

D.

We’ll be in a mobile phone charger also known as a motorhome stopping on the municipal campsite then cycling to the circuit where our manky old eBikes will be chained to the fence by the bridge over to the paddock.

After that we’ll be at a bar, probably every bar on the circuit at least once each day as we walk a lap 🍺

Are you camping?

Hi,

Looking at going for the classic races, would like to camp at the campsite in the town, do you have to book or can you just turn up?

Don.

Book it, the site gets very busy and the alternative of camping at the circuit though entertaining is a bit spartan :D

Ok, that’s what I thought, but thought I’d ask anyway.

Yeah, bookings opened at the start of the month - we're now booked for the weekend.

cheers

D.

We’re aiming to arrive on Friday afternoon but we’re about 1,500 miles away and wondering where to lose three days :nenau

We’re aiming to arrive on Friday afternoon but we’re about 1,500 miles away and wondering where to lose three days :nenau

Depending on what time you arrive ; we'll be in the Queens; and on the blue. A mate has an entry on his Manley Comando; so we will be spending alot of time in the pits; no doubt i'll catch up with you dodging around; have a good ride down.:beerjug:

We are camping about 45 minutes away with a few friends that weekend- what’s the sp with turning up on the Saturday to watch some races? Can you buy a day ticket?
Cheers

We are camping about 45 minutes away with a few friends that weekend- what’s the sp with turning up on the Saturday to watch some races? Can you buy a day ticket?
Cheers

As you approch the closed rd you stop at the barriers and buy a wrist band for the weekend; usually around 35 bucks or so. It's all a very laid back process .:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom