Adventure at auction in Dublin . . . . .

luke scott

Reaction score
Last Friday at Wilsons on N7 a 2017 Adventure with 9,000 Kms didn't even get one bid from car dealers at closed auction. Tonight at public auction it sold for €15,000 plus €1,500 commission plus €3,600 VAT :nenau . So over twenty grand for a 2017 bike with a rear tyre that looked like it had been doing donuts and no panniers. Doesn't strike me as value. The seller was BMW Financial Services so possibly a repo ? ?

Dosent add up. Someone lost the run of themselves. Unless they were a dealer and didn’t have to pay the dreaded vat. JJH

It is odd alright.
My only interest in Brexit is, what is going to happen to cross border motorcycle purchase \ sale?
Will there be 6.5% and 23% VAT if we bring in a bike?

I didn’t expect anything else after the last auction with the few bikes from JD going for well above retail.....and then all those G650’s auctioned off from the RSA......most have needed clutches straight away, no deals to be gotten there at all

Last Friday at Wilsons on N7 a 2017 Adventure with 9,000 Kms didn't even get one bid from car dealers at closed auction. Tonight at public auction it sold for €15,000 plus €1,500 commission plus €3,600 VAT :nenau . So over twenty grand for a 2017 bike with a rear tyre that looked like it had been doing donuts and no panniers. Doesn't strike me as value. The seller was BMW Financial Services so possibly a repo ? ?

Something not adding up there luke. You sure there was vat on top of the 15k hammer price? If it was a repo it would most likely be margin vat so 15k all in.
10% buyers fee sound high too..? Didn’t think Wilson’s fees were that high?

Whatever way the figures stack up it’s still a mental price for a 2 year old bike with little or no warranty. I’d rather have the security of a dealer back up and the sale of goods act. The advantage of buying at auction is sabost to be cheap price. JJH

Why would anyone ..... ?

..... <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yeL2qAz2qqI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom