ADV Screen on a non-ADV

MartinK

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a late R1200GS - the one with the same bodywork as the 1250...

I do notice a LOT of wind noise on the helmet at cruising speeds,

One of the dealers recommended using an Adventure screen as they are slightly bigger. He said it was a regular modification for his customers, and gave an improvement...

Nippy Normans sells a ADV screen (copy, not OEM) for £99.

Anyone done this? Comments please?

Yes it will fit but also look at the MRA Vario screen. The spoiler makes a HUGE difference on it and it's not much larger than the stock screen.

There's a little add on screen you can find on Fleabay for around 30 quit, quite a few members on here have it and it works a treat!! Brilliant value for money. You can just about see it in my piccie to the left...

Yes it will fit but also look at the MRA Vario screen. The spoiler makes a HUGE difference on it and it's not much larger than the stock screen.
Thanks - I will have a look at that one - I'm a bit nervous as I believe early LC and late-LC have different fittings...will take a look! Cheers

There's a little add on screen you can find on Fleabay for around 30 quit, quite a few members on here have it and it works a treat!! Brilliant value for money. You can just about see it in my piccie to the left...
I'll have a look - i don't like the ones with brackets that can obscure vision...was hoping for a clean look...

Cheers chaps

If you look for Slip Screens on Flea Bay they sell the larger Adventure screen (copy) with a MRA type lip all in for £99. In tint of clear.

Thanks - I will have a look at that one - I'm a bit nervous as I believe early LC and late-LC have different fittings...will take a look! Cheers

I'll have a look - i don't like the ones with brackets that can obscure vision...was hoping for a clean look...

Cheers chaps

The bracket is tiny and I've never had any issues with looking at it or it being in my way. I can imagine the Vario add on with 2 brackets causing some of this though but only if you look through the screen obviously. I'm 6ft4 and am still looking over my screen configuration which I prefer yet the little add on removed all buffeting and I can ride with my visor open and shades down most of the time.

Type this in to Amazon and you'll find exactly what I'm using; Tencasi Universal Transparent Upper Outer Windshield Air Wind Deflectors Windscreen Bracket Set Adjustable for Motorcycle

Last edited:
Fitted an adv screen on my gs.
Simple to fit and makes a big difference.

Adventure screen on my 17 1200gs for the winter simple fit makes a difference. Found a good one cheap on e bay from Germany

Thanks all - I will look for an ADV-type screen (BMW or Slipscreens) - the Slipscreens one seems to have dropped off ebay (and their website)...lots ofr the 2013-2017, but non for late 1200''s/early 1250's... Will get one in the next week--or-2 (big ride planned for Easter so want it fitted by then)
Cheers all

Thanks all - I will look for an ADV-type screen (BMW or Slipscreens) - the Slipscreens one seems to have dropped off ebay (and their website)...lots ofr the 2013-2017, but non for late 1200''s/early 1250's... Will get one in the next week--or-2 (big ride planned for Easter so want it fitted by then)
Cheers all

Are they different then ?

I found the slipsteam adventure screen a bit too thick and heavy for my liking, It worked fine, but I just didn't like to look compared with a genuine one. I replaced it with a BMW one off ebay that came up at a reasonable price.
I still have the slipsteam one which was only on the bike a few months, its the clear adventure clone, I was going to put it up for sale but never got around to it.

I did feel it made a difference compared to the standard LC screen.

I found the slipsteam adventure screen a bit too thick and heavy for my liking, It worked fine, but I just didn't like to look compared with a genuine one. I replaced it with a BMW one off ebay that came up at a reasonable price.
I still have the slipsteam one which was only on the bike a few months, its the clear adventure clone, I was going to put it up for sale but never got around to it.

I did feel it made a difference compared to the standard LC screen.

DR650...i can't PM you for some reason - if you want to sell that slipscreen to me I could be interested... PM me if you want to sell?

I have a late R1200GS - the one with the same bodywork as the 1250...

I do notice a LOT of wind noise on the helmet at cruising speeds,

One of the dealers recommended using an Adventure screen as they are slightly bigger. He said it was a regular modification for his customers, and gave an improvement...

Nippy Normans sells a ADV screen (copy, not OEM) for £99.

Anyone done this? Comments please?

I have a Couple of GSA screens sitting in my garage that I am not using. One is a light tint Slipscreen and the other is a light tint Kappa (Givi) screen. If you are in Silverdale Staffs, you are only about an hour ride away from me in Prestatyn, so welcome to pop over and try one.

Both are based on the original GSA profile, shape and size, and will fit all years of GS/GSA LC. On my old std GS, I preferred the size, as it gave a better protection area. However, if you go for a Slipscreen one, I would strongly recommend a brace, as they are much heavier than the original.

Screens are a very personal thing, and what suits one, may not suit another.

Mark

That's what iv'e just ordered for my 1250 for longer trips. See how it goes.

DR650...i can't PM you for some reason - if you want to sell that slipscreen to me I could be interested... PM me if you want to sell?

Possibly due to my subscription lapsing in the last few days. i can't seem to PM you either...

Back
Top Bottom