Insurance renewal

Gary Cooper

Reaction score
This time last year I had a Kawasaki ZZR1400 and paid £105 for fully comp insurance and then purchased my R1200 Gs Te and Bennett’s upped it to £215.
I have just received my renewal quote and they have upped it to £398.00 even with maximum no claims discount, I have been on comparison sites this afternoon and have now got it for £107 with Hastings.

I too received my Bennett’s renewal letter today.
With no claims, no convictions and max ncb. £692!

They were delighted to tell me it would ‘auto renew’ so I didn’t have to worry.
Could not get on the phone quick enough to cancel.

Couldn’t spend too long on it today as I have bike problems.
But so far Carole Nash was half that.

Need to spend more time to get it below £300.
Anyone know a comparison website where you can register 2 bikes?

Dont bother with Hastings, you have to tell them every mod, no how small and then they say they cant cover you as the underwriter doesnt accept some of those mods (different seat, different screen, reflective red stickers on the back of the panniers). I’m now going with BeMoto.

Dont bother with Hastings, you have to tell them every mod, no how small and then they say they cant cover you as the underwriter doesnt accept some of those mods (different seat, different screen, reflective red stickers on the back of the panniers). I’m now going with BeMoto.

Didn't ask me if i had mods, they were more interested in where the bike would be at night and the 500mtr rule.

Before my new GS was £385 on line £190

Ged

Didn't ask me if i had mods, they were more interested in where the bike would be at night and the 500mtr rule.

Before my new GS was £385 on line £190

Ged

They didn’t ask me either, i told them, if you dont tell them (thats upto you) you may well find they refuse to pay up when the time comes.

I'm with hastings and my renewal came in,

I declared all my mods only to be told there not mods according to them,

They only see perfrmance enhancing mods as mods ( engine & zorst)

Anyway they stuvk my premioum up £30 notes to £160

The bike insurer came back at £103 with hastings lol

going to phone them tommoz for a little chat ;)

They didn’t ask me either, i told them, if you dont tell them (thats upto you) you may well find they refuse to pay up when the time comes.

No mods, so no worries, i just mentioned panniers and top box, they were not interested really.

Ged

I'm with hastings and my renewal came in,

I declared all my mods only to be told there not mods according to them,

They only see perfrmance enhancing mods as mods ( engine & zorst)

Anyway they stuvk my premioum up £30 notes to £160

The bike insurer came back at £103 with hastings lol

going to phone them tommoz for a little chat ;)

Unfortunately not my experience with them, want to fit genuine BMW Rallye seat, told they cant cover bike due to different seat! :blast

I too would stay away from Hastings , cheap quotes but worst company ever dealt with and if you will change your bike anytime during policy DEFIANTLY do not use

CN,I just renewed fully comp for the 2017 gsa ,2007 versys 650, 2004 ccm 404 e, 1992 xr250,1982 gsx1100 katana, grand total of £44.86.

Just shows you that when you attend a major bike show and a lovely lycra clad lady with a nice smile asks you if you want to enter a competition to win £250 off your insurance it is worth taking 5 minutes and fill in the form.

CN,I just renewed fully comp for the 2017 gsa ,2007 versys 650, 2004 ccm 404 e, 1992 xr250,1982 gsx1100 katana, grand total of £44.86.

How did you do that? The last few renewals I have had with CN there's been a £50 broker charge on top of the premium.

How did you do that? The last few renewals I have had with CN there's been a £50 broker charge on top of the premium.

They decided it wasn't fair to charge a broker fee as I had won a prize so it was waived therefore it went down from £344.86 to £94.86 and then to the grand total of £44.86 .

Back
Top Bottom