sargeant seats

cutmorej

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi all back from the dark side just a quick question will a gs 1200 sergeant front seat fit my 1250 gs exclusive

then the big question any for sale :thumby:

hi all back from the dark side just a quick question will a gs 1200 sergeant front seat fit my 1250 gs exclusive

The older 1200 gs (pre LC ) won't fit the 1250 but I think a seat from a 1200gs LC (2013 on) will fit ??.

Just checked the Sargent website and it list the same seat for R1200gs\1250gs 2013 on .
So presume that means they will fit.
Check the website :--
https://www.sargentcycle.co.uk/acatalog/r1200gs-lc-2013-front-and-rear-seats.html

Also --what are you trying to achieve with the Sargent seat ? --more comfort??
Might be worth trying one of the cheap mesh covers from Ebay , I just fitted one to my 1250 and I'm pleased with the extra comfort\feel so far. Ignore the sales pitch about being cooler in hot weather (it may be but not at this time of year) , it's mainly the extra cushioning\weight spread it gives. If it's no good you'll be £3.65 worse off --if the Sargent is no good you'll be £200 to £400 worse off :) .
I feel like a salesman for them :) , put another link on the "coolcovers" post earlier this week but I have no interest in them other than having bought one and being impressed with it for the price.

Just checked the Sargent website and it list the same seat for R1200gs\1250gs 2013 on .
So presume that means they will fit.
Check the website :--
https://www.sargentcycle.co.uk/acatalog/r1200gs-lc-2013-front-and-rear-seats.html

Also --what are you trying to achieve with the Sargent seat ? --more comfort??
Might be worth trying one of the cheap mesh covers from Ebay , I just fitted one to my 1250 and I'm pleased with the extra comfort\feel so far. Ignore the sales pitch about being cooler in hot weather (it may be but not at this time of year) , it's mainly the extra cushioning\weight spread it gives. If it's no good you'll be £3.65 worse off --if the Sargent is no good you'll be £200 to £400 worse off :) .
I feel like a salesman for them :) , put another link on the "coolcovers" post earlier this week but I have no interest in them other than having bought one and being impressed with it for the price.

Plus one for the seat covers , but it did keep me cool last year in Spain for a week + 30 deg , leathers.

I got the comfort high seat for mine and its good , the sargent is good also but more for two up riding as you stay more static in the seat , one up I use the standard set with the cool covers on as you move around more , brilliant.

Seat comparison

Sargent fitted to the 1250 plus shape comparison

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 518
  • w.jpg
    w.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 535
  • ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 571
Sargent seat is great, they are firm but after a week or so ,once you are used to it you wont want to go back to the standard. they are wider and offer more support in my humble opinion.

Sargent seat is great, they are firm but after a week or so ,once you are used to it you wont want to go back to the standard. they are wider and offer more support in my humble opinion.

i thought the support was for your ass.:D

Back
Top Bottom