Nippy Norman’s touring screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie13

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondered whether anybody has experience with one of these on their GS1200? I’m about 6’ and quite long in the body. Are they any good, as they certainly look as though they should work well?! :)

Have you looked at the Givi Airflow screen ?

They are height adjustable, and make a big difference over the stock screen

If the NN screen is this one: https://www.nippynormans.com/r1200gs-04-to-07/super-high-wide-screen-clear-r1200gs then it worked well for me at 6'6". Much quieter that standard and far less buffetting. It's a bit unstable as it only fixes with the standard mounts unlike the Givi Airflow I now use which comes with a couple of bits of metal to support it. Of the two I'd say the Givi isn't twice as good but is twice the cost.

Hi,
I tried one of these on a new Africa Twin, and it caused a lot of buffeting sadly :confused:

The Givi plus winglets (easy to fit as the holes in the frame are pre drilled) is the best set up I have had on any bike...ever and this includes a short dalliance with an RT (I am 6'1"

If the NN screen is this one: https://www.nippynormans.com/r1200gs-04-to-07/super-high-wide-screen-clear-r1200gs then it worked well for me at 6'6". Much quieter that standard and far less buffetting. It's a bit unstable as it only fixes with the standard mounts unlike the Givi Airflow I now use which comes with a couple of bits of metal to support it. Of the two I'd say the Givi isn't twice as good but is twice the cost.
This is definitely the one, thanks. I’ll be trying it in earnest next week when my R1150GSA sells :thumb2

The OEM GSA screen was really bad for turbulence. The 50mm taller Wunderlich version (that fits without the support hoop) was no better. The Givi Airflow sorted all of that.

If you are tall the Givi airflow might not be high enough but at 5ft 8ins to 5ft 10ins & normal proportions does well with zero turbulence on empty roads and minimal turbulence from traffic on motorways. The reduced speed airflow around rider's head is enough to keep the visor clear in wet weather but not enough to create head banging turbulence as the air fights to fill the dead-space behind.

Winglets are needed in winter but remove them for summer and you'll get a cooling blast around your ribs.

I strengthened the Givi support arms with a tube across the top attached with P clips but it wasn't a must-have. I just wanted less screen wobble at speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom