Navigator 6, non tft display, iPhone XS and Schuberth C4 HELP!

Moosehead84

Reaction score
Good morning, long time lurker and first time poster...

I’ve finally treated myself to a 2014 GS TE and a new navigator 6. No tft display.

Prior to this, I was running music from my phone via Bluetooth to the Schuberth using the SC1 but apparently with the NAV6 you can control it all through that, hence the purchase.

So, I’ve linked my phone to the nav, but it says something along the lines of “can’t sync as nav in cradle, A2DP”??

I’ve de-linked my phone to the helmet, linked the helmet to the nav and phone to nav. It’s recognised and says linked, but no sound for nav instructions? As soon as I the reconnect the phone, it drops the nav and I get music.

What am I doing wrong and what sort of witchcraft do I need to do to get it all to play nice?!

My non tech method would be to load your music to the nav and use the thumb wheel to control it all.
Or ride faster so you are too busy to worry about anything else.

Welcome along...first post from most newbies is a question of some sort .....

I have the same set up as you ....the SC1 has two channels a GPS and a phone ��. On my nav6 I have an SD card loaded with MP3s . I link the iPhone to the nav . I then link the SC1 to the nav . under the Nav connection.( I think this is channel 1 )

When turning on, turn on the helmet first wait for the ...”hello” ...then turn on the bike ....after a min or so, you should get , GPS connected. Then in the media app on the nav play your music etc. If you are on a route the nav will cut into the music giving you instructions then drop back to the music.

Is the volume on the nav turned up ? Hit the volume button on front screen, there’s a spanner icon on left top corner. Hit that, brings up a three way slide button , Nav, Media , phone , slide them up to a comfortable limit.

Ah ok thank you. I was hoping to be able to use my Spotify account and stream it through the nav? It says it’s possible but I’m not having much luck.

Sd card may be the only way..

Not familiar with your full setup but think you should be able to stream spotify from your phone. One of the key things to check is that the media player on the Nav is set to "bluetooth" as the source for music rather than "MP3" . Think its the top left plug symbol on the Nav media screen. Then it should make it link to any source on the bluetooth connection -- make sure the phone has "madia" connected on the NAV6 and phone bluetooth link.
I can play spotify or any other music source (eg Radioplayer) from my phone through the Nav to my headset. I get limited control on the media player screen - the pause works but then I have to use the "next track" symbol to resume --- for some reason the play symbol on the media palyer doesn't control it to resume only to pause it??. That may be just my setup --android-- Nav6 -- Freedconn helmet headset.
The other thing I have to do is start the desired source (Spotify or Radio player ) on the phone first before setting off. The just pause\start it\skip tracks\change radio channels from the Nav screen . I can't change between SPotify and Radioplayer from the NAv without stopping and doing it on phone.

Sorted!

Update the firmware on the Schuberth, deleted both settings and reconnected it all. Works like a charm.

Changing the tracks on the media player seems to be a faff, can’t seem to change tracks using the thumb wheel?

Sorted!

Update the firmware on the Schuberth, deleted both settings and reconnected it all. Works like a charm.

Changing the tracks on the media player seems to be a faff, can’t seem to change tracks using the thumb wheel?

when using the media player on the Nav to change tracks flick the wheel to the left and hold or to go back a track flick the wheel to the right and hold

when using the media player on the Nav to change tracks flick the wheel to the left and hold or to go back a track flick the wheel to the right and hold

Legend thank you

Update....

Updated my SCS to v2 which helped!

I’ve linked the phone to the Nav 6 and the SCS to the Nav 6. But I haven’t linked phone to helmet. Important as it can’t cope with 2 inputs it seems.

The Nav 6 will now play the navigation instructions through the helmet and I can get music to appear on the media player (Spotify) but I don’t have the function to change tracks using the thumb wheel or the on screen buttons..... help!!

Update....

Updated my SCS to v2 which helped!

I’ve linked the phone to the Nav 6 and the SCS to the Nav 6. But I haven’t linked phone to helmet. Important as it can’t cope with 2 inputs it seems.

The Nav 6 will now play the navigation instructions through the helmet and I can get music to appear on the media player (Spotify) but I don’t have the function to change tracks using the thumb wheel or the on screen buttons..... help!!

on the SRC next to the power on button there are two others. the left one is for using the radio ,If you have a C3 Pro or E1 helmet , the right one flicks forward to the next track of the media . You can't flick back though if i recall. It is tricky to use these as you dont normally find the button straight off when feeling for it. Thumbwheel is the way to go

Back
Top Bottom