Bike Storage solution?

Steviej4558

Reaction score
Hi Guys, after some help advise? R1200GSA 2015

I am going to be keeping my bike at work and for the first time in 27 years I don’t have acces to a garage! Not a happy little bunny!

Can anyone recommend a half decent solution? Was thinking of putting an ISO on the car park but it’s a bit extreme!

Any help advice on covers/tent/sheds would be greatly appreciated.

Regards and thanks in advance

Asgard Bike Shed. Some may say pricey but it is rock solid and very hard to break in to.

Asgard Bike Shed. Some may say pricey but it is rock solid and very hard to break in to.

What he said. I have recently purchased one from Lee of this parish and can vouch for the quality and security of them and they are insurance and police aproved too. Every fixing but 4 that hold ridge cap end plates inplace rather than completely, are on the inside spaced at aproximately 6' apart. overlaping joints between panels and reiforced with extra u shaped chanel over the top. 18G galvanised steel that is powdercoated and has anti corrosion warranty of 10 years. I have also since purchasing have enquired with Asgard regarding extension kits. You can buy extra sections in 0.55m or 1.1m to make your unit a bit longer if you want to keep more stuff or extra bike inside.

I am yet to errect my purchase. This is entirely down to having to find spare time from work, a bit of cash and constructing form work to pour a concrete slab with aceess path wide enough to bring bikes in and out without having to walk on a soggy lawn. Intention to use local mix on demand as much as you need services at aproximately £80-£95 per cubic meter of concrete.

£1435 plus £430 per 1.1m extension is quite good in my oppinion for something that is actually seen by insurance companies as a proper garage.

Asgard bike sheds are by the looks of then for pedal cycles, i'd be surprised if an insurance company accept them as a motorcycle garage, but then again i have heard of wooden sheds being accepted by insurance company's.
I have two Secure-a-bike sheds that are thatcham approved and when they were located on my drive resisted with very little damage 2 attempt by low lifes to break into them with crowbars and screwdrivers. luckily now I have moves and have a large garage and the two sheds have been demoted to garden sheds for cycle storage.
I have owned these sheds for about 19 years and they were expensive when I purchased them and they are very expensive now (£2185 for the smallest version), but they are the best bike sheds I have seen and 19 years later still going strong.

Have you checked with your insurance company that they will still cover your bike stored at work? They may not. Also even with a Secure-a-bike shed I would not be happy if it was located somewhere away from the public as it would possibly allow thieves a chance to spent time with power tools cutting your lovely new shed to pieces to get to the bike.
If work don't mind and storing it there is the only option then a used shipping container could be a cheaper and better option, they are really tough to break into with a decent heavy duty padlock, I know a friend stored his bikes in one for years in an area where bikes left on the street would disappear very quickly.

Asgard bike sheds are by the looks of then for pedal cycles, i'd be surprised if an insurance company accept them as a motorcycle garage, but then again i have heard of wooden sheds being accepted by insurance company's.
I have two Secure-a-bike sheds that are thatcham approved and when they were located on my drive resisted with very little damage 2 attempt by low lifes to break into them with crowbars and screwdrivers. luckily now I have moves and have a large garage and the two sheds have been demoted to garden sheds for cycle storage.
I have owned these sheds for about 19 years and they were expensive when I purchased them and they are very expensive now (£2185 for the smallest version), but they are the best bike sheds I have seen and 19 years later still going strong.

Have you checked with your insurance company that they will still cover your bike stored at work? They may not. Also even with a Secure-a-bike shed I would not be happy if it was located somewhere away from the public as it would possibly allow thieves a chance to spent time with power tools cutting your lovely new shed to pieces to get to the bike.
If work don't mind and storing it there is the only option then a used shipping container could be a cheaper and better option, they are really tough to break into with a decent heavy duty padlock, I know a friend stored his bikes in one for years in an area where bikes left on the street would disappear very quickly.

Asgard do motorcycle specific sheds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you own the site / your employer alows you to erect a shed, do it.

If not, bikes sit outside 365, without too much harm.

What are you trying to do? Stop it being stolen / tampered with? Stop the elements? Both?

I am not sure if advice you receive in this section will aply only to your model of bike. Try the pub or if local knowledge is required, the Jock section.

Better you than me, unless the place has a visible 24/7 security presence. What do your insurers think of the idea I wonder? 'Not a lot', I suspect.

Your domicile at Gaydon suggests Car Factories & many contract workers who could be in a similar situation - are there no better solutions, say paid professional vehicle storage if used only occasionally.

Is there local council garages you can rent for storage of the bike at all, last time I rented one it was around £4/week ?

Back
Top Bottom