Looking to upgrade the gear and not because it is crap or worn out...

Another manufacturer mentioned earlier....

8b2bbdfd375afd8176a29cdd2b5889fb.jpg

0c4ef5ce88103f2c2018a8998c74f0c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok,

one of my friends tried hideout, at my suggestion, due to her feminine figure. Found them excellent to deal with and is 100% pleased with her new suit.

Have you considered asking Kate about option for aramid impact areas ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

+1

Kate at Hideout is extremely knowledgeable and a bike-rider herself. Just express your concerns and she will advise accordingly.

Personally I would sell the Rukka gear and go for the Hideout option. Spending those huge amounts on alterations whilst losing the Rukka warranty seems bananas. You have previously chosen a high-quality brand which will always fetch good money on here or Fleabay.

I am short fat bastard. If the trousers fit round the waist, the knee armour is somewhere around my shins; and I have used Hideout on many occasions for alterations.

I went backstage at the shop last weekend and saw all the patterns hanging up. Presumably every new vent requires a new pattern to be made so that the material, (outer/kevlar lining/inner lining) can be cut correctly - hence the cost.

Old saying, "The quality is remembered long after the cost has been forgotten"

Just my tuppence-worth...

+1

Kate at Hideout is extremely knowledgeable and a bike-rider herself. Just express your concerns and she will advise accordingly.

Personally I would sell the Rukka gear and go for the Hideout option. Spending those huge amounts on alterations whilst losing the Rukka warranty seems bananas. You have previously chosen a high-quality brand which will always fetch good money on here or Fleabay.

I am short fat bastard. If the trousers fit round the waist, the knee armour is somewhere around my shins; and I have used Hideout on many occasions for alterations.

I went backstage at the shop last weekend and saw all the patterns hanging up. Presumably every new vent requires a new pattern to be made so that the material, (outer/kevlar lining/inner lining) can be cut correctly - hence the cost.

Old saying, "The quality is remembered long after the cost has been forgotten"

Just my tuppence-worth...

Agree with all above apart from vents. According to Kate these are being cut and sewn in once fitting stages have been completed. This is the reason why you still get an option to add a few more, change location or get rid of them if you changed your mind.

Should you opt to have alterations made on the Rukka trousers, I can attest to the quality of the work carried out by Kate; she made a poor fitting pair of Rukka trousers an ideal fit, with the knee armour, at last, being in the correct position.

Another manufacturer mentioned earlier....

8b2bbdfd375afd8176a29cdd2b5889fb.jpg

0c4ef5ce88103f2c2018a8998c74f0c5.jpg

I had an Airdraft made by Stadler. First class quality and service. I broke a zip. Sent back for repair. Returned six days later and postage refunded. Great company to deal with.

Rev It is the answer .

They do their trousers in Short,Standard and Long.

d3803d3a31fa7db8e3b0570ef3fa982e.jpg

The jackets are pretty long-sleeved anyway though possibly not for you ?

I’m 6’1” with 34” inside leg and take a Standard XL.
The Long XL trousers are 36” inside leg.

Rev It are Dutch so used to dealing with freaks.

Can highly recommend the Dominator GTX kit-jacket,pants and gloves.

Thank you.

I have tried their stuff, and actually quite like their cut too. Unfortunately the stud I did try was to fit a regular sized tosser and not someone like me. The places I did try Revit gear on, wanted money upfront to order in suits with longer sleeves and leg. So you can imagine my reaction..... consequently I ended up giving them a miss.

That is one of the frustrations with having to have clobber ordered in for me and wait until you get notified about its arrival.

Even my Rukka trousers had to be ordered in for me as not a single infinity store local to me had them in stock.

I had an Airdraft made by Stadler. First class quality and service. I broke a zip. Sent back for repair. Returned six days later and postage refunded. Great company to deal with.

How did they go about getting your measurements, since they are a German firm?

Thank you.

I have tried their stuff, and actually quite like their cut too. Unfortunately the stud I did try was to fit a regular sized tosser and not someone like me. The places I did try Revit gear on, wanted money upfront to order in suits with longer sleeves and leg. So you can imagine my reaction..... consequently I ended up giving them a miss.

That is one of the frustrations with having to have clobber ordered in for me and wait until you get notified about its arrival.

Even my Rukka trousers had to be ordered in for me as not a single infinity store local to me had them in stock.

Use Sportsbikeshop. They have 365 day money back guarantee. My first Rev It trousers I ordered were Long until I realised just how long they were so simply returned them FOC for the Standard length

How did they go about getting your measurements, since they are a German firm?

They send out a very detailed measurement form. I did the measurements and the also wanted a photo on and off the bike. Very impressed with them. I also speak German which helps. They speak English which also helps.

Kate Jennings at Hideout is the place to go - frankly no contest.

The simple fact is the suit Kate will produce will fit perfectly, to your precise spec. Price soon gets forgotten if the suit works, always remembered when it leaks or doesn't fit correctly. You have probably been there already, many times, in your biking career. That's not to say I wouldn't keep a cheap suit back, as an emergency measure, say in case of a spill, but I have an old FT job that fits that bill perfectly.

Your money, your decision, but going bespoke, you are already late to the party - demands of the racing community start to impinge on delivery once the season gets underway.

It might be worth revisiting the Revit options, as previously stated, their "long" leg length is 36" inside leg (standard 34 and short 32). They're not made for short people at all!

As for the jackets, they aren't super long, and may not be quite right for you, but if you can find a Revit jacket to fit, trousers you'll certainly find.

They also make some very high spec suits - Dominator or Poseidon 2, well worth a revisit.

Kind Regards
Jamie

Paying £2.5k for one set of bike kit is just ridiculous unless you use the kit all day every day for work. Just be thankful you have enough money to be able to consider it.

Thank you all for your suggestions... I will get in touch with SBS and see if they can get Revit gear in for me to try on again. Hopefully in the right sizes this time. I’ve also had s chat with one of the lads at Infinity motorcycles and he suggested to try held suits on as they do extra length in sleeves and trousers too. Priced quite reasonably too. Failing all, I will have to take out a mortgage and go see Kate at Hideout Leather to finalise the design and other bits like impact panels.

If, your local bike shop is unable/unwilling to get different sizes to try out, try contacting the manufacturer direct, explaining that you are seriously considering purchasing said items, if they fit properly, but barriers are being put in place, etc, etc.

Paying £2.5k for one set of bike kit is just ridiculous unless you use the kit all day every day for work. Just be thankful you have enough money to be able to consider it.

Yes that is s huge pile of cash to spend on a suit and if there is a cheaper alternative......
However wearing a suit (like I do) that does not fit correctly, can cause more damage to one in an accident, just like a badly fitting helmet. Not to mention the armour that does not fit as intended, causing pain that does distract a rider from riding the bike he’s in charge of.

That’s my theory and I shall stick with it :Rob

If, your local bike shop is unable/unwilling to get different sizes to try out, try contacting the manufacturer direct, explaining that you are seriously considering purchasing said items, if they fit properly, but barriers are being put in place, etc, etc.

Sound advice! I shall bare that in mind.

Thank you.

Yes that is s huge pile of cash to spend on a suit and if there is a cheaper alternative......
However wearing a suit (like I do) that does not fit correctly, can cause more damage to one in an accident, just like a badly fitting helmet. Not to mention the armour that does not fit as intended, causing pain that does distract a rider from riding the bike he’s in charge of.

That’s my theory and I shall stick with it :Rob

Fair enough. I didn't mean to sound all preachy. And I completely agree that kit that is not comfortable is a real distraction after a few miles.

Fair enough. I didn't mean to sound all preachy. And I completely agree that kit that is not comfortable is a real distraction after a few miles.

No bother pall, it is only a matter of a personal opinion, everyone is entitled to it. I know that spending £2600 on a suit that won’t be used all year round is madness but then again it’s down to fitment. However if I do end up finding one that actually fits me well and half the price of bespoke on, I know which one I shall be going for.

Back
Top Bottom