So, does BMW comms pair with other brands intercomms or not?

Bonzo

Reaction score
Just wanted a conclusive yea or nae on this as 'word on the street' is that pairing a BMW comms pack with other brands (eg: Sena) is a pain in the arse. Or wont work.

Im doing a big (for me) ride to Austria in September with a mate. I wanted to use my system 7 lid as the flip front may be easier for fuel stops, toll booths etc and Id spunk out the £300 on a integral BMW comms system if I knew I could communicate with my mate. I just don't want to buy to then find it wont work.

There must be a few tossers here with this system that can confirm if it works with other brands or not?

Cheers

I don't have a BMW helmet but was thinking about it recently and spotted something in the spec sheets. If you do decide to get the kit, make sure you're fitting the V3 version as it has the later Bluetooth 4.1 protocol which could make a significant difference when pairing with kit.

I didn't end up buying a kit so can't help you with your actual question. Enjoy Austria.

Specs are here:

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/w...unication-system.html#/section-specifications

It says yes, but I struggled to pair with someone's cardo.

I recall a review from somebody in Canada?? Who said hardware on S7 comms is same as S6 comms, the software might differ.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

theres five in our "crew" three use Sena one uses Interphone one uses BMW the sena and Interphone work well, the BMW is a nightmare .he can connect to the bike, RT easily and listen to the NAV or the BMW music system, but he cannot connect to any of us. he rides Mid pack so we dont lose him

theres five in our "crew" three use Sena one uses Interphone one uses BMW the sena and Interphone work well, the BMW is a nightmare .he can connect to the bike, RT easily and listen to the NAV or the BMW music system, but he cannot connect to any of us. he rides Mid pack so we dont lose him

That's the 'nae' that I was disappointedly expecting.

I wonder though if your BMW using crew member is, as garan mentioned above, using the V2 (2.0/2.1) bluetooth software instead of the newer V3 (4.1)?

That's the 'nae' that I was disappointedly expecting.

I wonder though if your BMW using crew member is, as garan mentioned above, using the V2 (2.0/2.1) bluetooth software instead of the newer V3 (4.1)?

Given the convoluted problems we sometimes see on these pages, I wouldn’t completely rule out operator error.

You’ll do fine on your jaunt to Austria without any form of on-the-move communication with your friend. You’ll also be fine without a flip front, too.

You’ll do fine on your jaunt to Austria without any form of on-the-move communication with your friend.

Good point well made.

We're sharing rooms for 7 days - we'll probably hate each other at the end of it :D

Good point well made.

We're sharing rooms for 7 days - we'll probably hate each other at the end of it :D

That’s all but certain, particularly if he bangs on that you. “Shoulda had comms, mate”

Enjoy your holiday.

I can pair my sena S20 with my wife’s system 6 but only if I use the “universal pairing” function.

Cardo are pretty well buttoned down to only pair with Cardo units.

Don’t know about interphone units.

I can pair my sena S20 with my wife’s system 6 but only if I use the “universal pairing” function.

I believe universal pairing mode is using a standard bluetooth protocol, which will probably not support the longer range for the various manufacturers own protocols. ie sena to sena quotes like 1mile or 1.5 mile ranges but I suspect when using universal pairing this range will reduce significantly!

Ian

Hi Shakey,

I cannot work out how to connect my system 6 to my mates Sena20 s . Would you be able to shed any light on how you pair them together?
Cheers,
Al

Back
Top Bottom