Ktm 790 Adventure urgent recall

Byronavitch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Getting all ready to pick up my 790 r Adventure tomorrow morning booked time off, all insured just had the Call dont bother coming there is an Urgent recall on all 790 adventures including bikes delivered, been assured this is true anyone heard anything about it,

Totally pissed off,

dd9104a781241debc8e2836e3c92b29f.jpg

At least mine will be fixed before I collect it - :bounce1

Its one way of looking at it, apparently the fuel gauge problem was /is missing computer code preventing the electronics to talk to each other

I'm a little suspicious of this. 'A clogged fuel filter'?

Lots of fuel filters in the world. More to this me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little suspicious of this. 'A clogged fuel filter'?

Lots of fuel filters in the world. More to this me thinks.

It does seem very strange :augie

It does seem very strange :augie

Agreed. Probably damage limitation. Have to say that mine runs very nicely, in fact I'd say the fuelling is the best out of the box I've had for many years. Usually end up at Hiltop at some point. Now you mention it

I cross posted this update on th KTM forum and someone has replied that it the dealer has said it is. It a recall but that filters will be swapped at service.

Source: KTMforum 700 thread posted by Fozzy

I cross posted this update on the KTM forum and someone has replied that the dealer has said it is not a recall as not a safeguard issue but that filters will be swapped at service.

Source: KTMforum 700 thread posted by Fozzy[/QUOTE]

Repeated but without beer goggles..

I expect it will be dashboards on recall next - the 790Adv looks like it has the same dash on it as the 390 Duke? These have been filling with moisture and condensation since mid 2017. KTM have tried 1 solution but according to my local KTM dealer this doe snot fix the problem and they are still working on a solution.

I expect it will be dashboards on recall next - the 790Adv looks like it has the same dash on it as the 390 Duke? These have been filling with moisture and condensation since mid 2017. KTM have tried 1 solution but according to my local KTM dealer this doe snot fix the problem and they are still working on a solution.

I expect they'll have the best Chinese technicians working in it and come up with a permanent solution soon ;)

Hmmm,

Having cancelled the order for mine because of unexplained / worrying delays in shipping I was a bit jealous of the YouTubes and posts here about how good they are now they've finally arrived.
Thought I might have overreacted and missed out, but not so sure now...

and folk on here poke fun at BMW beta testers :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom