Recommendation for spring and shock replacement

lancerlot313

Reaction score
Hello chaps,
Would like any recommendations on replacing spring or shock on 1995 1100GS. Still running fantastic and plan to continue my international run in South America next year. But I have a problem in that the rear end feels soft in that with my wife on the back we bottom out on curves and small humps. Bike has original shock and spring and I have adjusted it to max and it seems not to be enough support. I am thinking that the spring may be to soft but I want to ask your opinions. Open to all suggestions. If you know a good place to buy a replacement looking for that also. Will be back in UK in June and want to get this replaced before sending bike to Chile S.A. Thanks in advance for your time.

Hyperpro; with remote preload, high/low compression, rebound and spring for two + luggage never needed to go past 8 out of 20.

Good back up and reasonably priced

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Get it rebuilt, new gas, oil and seals and with an uprated spring.

I got the standard shock on my 1150 rebuilt at ABE London… twice…my experience is at the below link (spoiler…wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy)

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...standard-rear-shock-if-so/page2?highlight=ABE

I’m leaving for the America’s in one month, so bit the bullet and invested in a Nitron Sport + (R1) with the Hydraulic Preload Adjuster from Rugged Road. It’s set up for the weight of me, my girlfriend and the luggage and feels great so far (only ~500miles on it). It’s got a larger diameter rod (16mm) than most of the alternatives so it’s supposed to be more up to the job, but time will tell. Not a cheap option but I’m happy so far.

I would also go with a re-build and uprated spring. I had exactly the same problem on my bike. I don't know where you will be in the UK in June, but if you were to bring the unit with you, and are anywhere near York, then I can highly recommend Reactive Suspension on 01347 811529 http://www.reactivesuspension.com/

They rebuilt and serviced my Ohlins and at the same time put uprated HyperPro springs in as most of my riding is two up touring with full luggage. Made all the difference.

Get it rebuilt, new gas, oil and seals and with an uprated spring.

Done this and used a Hyperpro spring, KAIS done the work and have also serviced it once with no defects showing after 30k miles..all my mileage is 2 up and laden.

Back
Top Bottom