Heated jacket with long arms help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi chaps, my trusty old Klan jacket packed up so after some research tried a Gerbing on but the arms only just came south of my elbows. Does anyone please know of a heated jacket with proper length arms. I'm guessing the jackets should be cut a bit like cycling jackets. Short front, longer back and long arms.
Any help appreciated.
G

I am 6ft 3 and my Keis J105 heted jacket is a perfect fit in size 54 to fit my 43" chest.

My arms are 20" long from pit to wrist if that helps at all.

Are you sure it’s 20” as I’m 24” min which seems like a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kin ell what the hell are you :D

just stuck a tape measure under my armpit, not rammed right up there but enough to know i am in if you get my drift.

20" it is from pit to start of wrist

you might be better off with a waistcoat :blast

That's what I mean. A bit of a throw back maybe :eek:
By the way I know these jackets have quite a high output, Current Draw 5.5A. Typical Power 66W, but do they run ok directly from the BMW battery? Also I see they are **Not suitable for use with the 2600mAh Li-Ion Portable Battery Packs. Can be powered by the larger 5200mAh Keis Portable Battery, for limited periods depending on the chosen heat setting** I wonder if anyone has tried that?

I’m selling my (almost new/used once) Keis heated jacket X25 size XL, 48” armpit to armpit, if you’re interested I can measure it and let you know.

By the way I know these jackets have quite a high output, Current Draw 5.5A. Typical Power 66W, but do they run ok directly from the BMW battery?

Yes. You’ll need a suitable fuse

Also I see they are **Not suitable for use with the 2600mAh Li-Ion Portable Battery Packs. Can be powered by the larger 5200mAh Keis Portable Battery, for limited periods depending on the chosen heat setting**

I wonder if anyone has tried that?

Keis has, I guess

I’m selling my (almost new/used once) Keis heated jacket X25 size XL, 48” armpit to armpit, if you’re interested I can measure it and let you know.

Thanks Rich but I'm a 44 chest and 48 is way too big. Someone will buy it on here though. GLWS

Yes. You’ll need a suitable fuse

Keis has, I guess

The Keis battery lead is fused already and on my old bike I'll run it from the din socket which will allow over 5 amp unlike the canbus systems. A battery would have been handy for the second bike but not at £109 and the size of the 5200 mAh battery.

Mine runs on a 7.5a amp fuse in line from the battery as provided in the kit you get from Keis when purchasing the jacket.

I do know that you will struggle for Keis gear in your required size 54 at present unless its in stock, they have almost sold out on this years jackets and are making new stock for next winter, but then again you wont need it until then anyway so not much of an issue.

I have the warm n safe longer jacket, and it’s adequate.

I have the M&S 2” longer sleeves and they are s bit on the short side so the Warm N Safe is the best fit in the arms and body.

Thanks for all the help and now happy with a Keis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom