Status
Not open for further replies.

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I just went to post a thank you on the thread "
Moving to next waypoint following a route"
And that I've been using the Nav 5 for several years now and this tip will benefit me on trips to come.
So. Why close a thread ? What benefit is it to close it ?
Genuine question. Not a malicious dig.
Thank you in advance

The bod who asked the question, had had it answered to his complete satisfaction. The solution remains, for everyone to see.

I get that.
But what benefit or purpose is it to close it ?

I understand the purpose and benefit in the for sale section .......

You close it, then stick it at the top :confused:

I’ve said your “thank you” for you :thumb2

The reason, simple. If threads stay open they meander, which is fine in the pub. The problem comes that many bods start at the end of the thread, not the beginning and can’t find the solution to their problem, but they probably do get to read that the old Garmin was better, which (a) Isn’t true (b) Is not much help.

The answer to the skip waypoint question came up quickly, the thread stayed on topic (it’s now stuck for future generations) and there’s little need for anything more. It’s stuck so that when bods who want to know how to skip waypoints can find it easily. Will they see it? Will they bother to look for it? Time will tell.

PS If you were truly wondering how to skip a waypoint, all you needed to do was Google:

‘Skip a waypoint BMW Nav V’

or some suitably brief sentence, near enough any time over the past several years; you’d have found an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom