thoughts on a used bike?

robstaffs

Reaction score
Hi all, long term biker looking to get into something a bit more comfortable and practical for touring, hence interest in a GS.
I may end up going for a brand new bike, but happy to consider used.
Could anyone offer opinions on this bike: https://www.pidcockbmw.com/bmw/used...ENTURE RALLYE TE-1170cc/5c893a5f28ca74e47.htm
The mileage seems a tad high for the age so in turn price a bit high? Anything else I should be looking for other than the obvious FSH etc...
Thanks

Rob, welcome to the forum.

To be honest, (here's where I get slagged off) new bikes aren't necessarily 'all that and their girlfriend'. consider anything from R1150GS to brand new. Doesn't have to be forever, but you could get something for £3 or £4k for a year or so before spending the big money. And you're generally going to get your money back on those older bikes.

Also, consider buying off here. If you pay your £12 subscription (worth every penny) you'll have access to the for sale and wanted. I'd rather buy off here than a dealer.

Good luck with whatever you purchase.

Link says bike sold, so maybe he's a little late to the market. Sound advice above notwithstanding.

I've had 7 new GS's in 15 years. Great bike but I now have Yamaha Super Tenere 1200. It's so underrated, they claim it's the most reliable adventure bike made so far. You'll get a nice low mileage one cheaper than a 1200 GS.

Rob, welcome to the forum.

To be honest, (here's where I get slagged off) new bikes aren't necessarily 'all that and their girlfriend'. consider anything from R1150GS to brand new. Doesn't have to be forever, but you could get something for £3 or £4k for a year or so before spending the big money. And you're generally going to get your money back on those older bikes.

Also, consider buying off here. If you pay your £12 subscription (worth every penny) you'll have access to the for sale and wanted. I'd rather buy off here than a dealer.

Good luck with whatever you purchase.

Greetings Rob & welcome.

Good advice from his Tuftyiness....:thumb2

GSs are for girls. U want arufty tufty R1200RT u do. By sheer coincidence I am selling one and I'm in staffs too. U know it makes sense.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom