Nice use of an old Police bike

If this cafe racer trend gets more folk interested in motorbikes that's a good thing for the future of motorbiking. I think the bike looks nice and pretty and may be good for going up and down between the tables in the cafe and occasional sojourn to other local cafes but I can't imagine sitting on it for more than 50 km and I don't know what he envisaged when he was riding it to France or where he put his luggage.

or rear light, numberplate etc. etc.

A typical example of what people do with airheads. Can't they think of something different? I'm bored with bobbed cafe racers especially when they're being presented as if they're the latest thing.

I really admire his work. I love the colour too. If only I didn't sit on my lazy arse all day, I could maybe get torn up for arse paper on here. Oh well, inertia rules!

Okay, revised opinion. It has a lot of really nice engineering on it. Really lovely bits and pieces.

It is a quality machine. Really lovely. (if you like that sort of thing)

You have to admire his drive, nice looking bike as well :bow.(How much does a CNC machine cost?) :nenau

Looking at the rear brake set up he has actually reversed the leverage ratio so that instead of having an mechanical advantage of around 20 like the long alloy pedal on my R75/7 it looks to actually be negative.

Silencer and mudguards look as if the are only slightly less effective the the brake pedal.

Just hope the rest of the, err, really nice, engineering on the bike is a bit more effective!

Mind you, the silly little misshapen brake pedal on my R100GS probably has less than half the leverage of the R75, so he is not the first to make that mistake!

The R80 ? Hipster tat. Now, where did I put my flannel shirt, beard and turned up jeans........

I don’t like it at all, or anything of a similar ilk - pointless in my book. Only increases the pose value, it doesn’t actually do anything better than the original.

I think it looks ridiculous.
Went to the Bike Shed for a coffee the other day . OMG what a ridiculous temple for the vain and bearded top-knotted twats !
Even the barbers seemed to spend more time looking at themselves in the mirror than cutting hair .
God only knows what it’s like on a busy day . Horrid place .
Bet Andres loves it :)

Back
Top Bottom