New bike tracking. Order?

shedracer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When ordering a new bike does the dealer have the ability to track the order, i.e
When built
In transit
Arrival in UK
In transit to dealer
Arrived at dealer

Do the dealers have this info, and when do they get it, any info would be greatly appreciated. :thumby:

Yes the dealer does.
You can ask him to keep you informed, my dealer certainly did for the 2 bikes I've bought.

Think there may be an issue at the moment. My new GS is shown as out to carrier and BMW UK have no idea where it is🙈

Dealer said last time this happened the bikes didn’t actually exist!!

Supposed to get mine by end of March.

When I ordered my RT in Jan, my dealer gave me a provisional build date and delivery date. That changed by a week, but once the factory confirms the VIN its being built. So my bike was supposed to have been built last week, so expected at the dealer the 1st week of April. But who knows :)

Think there may be an issue at the moment. My new GS is shown as out to carrier and BMW UK have no idea where it is

Dealer said last time this happened the bikes didn’t actually exist!!

Supposed to get mine by end of March.

So that's the big package that Hermes dumped on my drive the other day !!!!!!

Just had a call from my dealer. So my bike is built and left the factory, but all bikes that come to the UK have to go through a centralised PDI centre, they are then sent to the dealer, who then also looks over them. So there was a weeks delay in build, now the PDI centre is running behind due to the number of March new reg bikes arriving. It never bloody ends, BMW efficiency at its best. At least its not Brexit that's screwing it up :)

Mine also delayed should have been at dealers last Monday ����

Just had a call from my dealer. So my bike is built and left the factory, but all bikes that come to the UK have to go through a centralised PDI centre, they are then sent to the dealer, who then also looks over them. So there was a weeks delay in build, now the PDI centre is running behind due to the number of March new reg bikes arriving. It never bloody ends, BMW efficiency at its best. At least its not Brexit that's screwing it up :)

That would be the centralised PDI centre that doesn't check very much, they failed to spot that the sat nav prep / cradle and the computer pro system had not been fitted by the factory to my specialy ordered bike

That would be the centralised PDI centre that doesn't check very much, they failed to spot that the sat nav prep / cradle and the computer pro system had not been fitted by the factory to my specialy ordered bike

Yes, I read on the net, it is manned by the same company that does the stevedore bits at the docks and there are 10 people working there, which would be ok if they are good :) But the dealer indicated, they still have to check the bikes over, effectively doing another PDI because if they are supplying the bikes, they want them to be right.

Thanks guys, I’ve found out that my bike hasn’t even been made yet! :blast Was lead to believe that bike was available within 10 to 15 days of order, so was expecting to take delivery last Saturday! So had to asked some uncomfortable questions, to my supplying dealer. :confused: Very disappointed and was going to cancel order, but after walking away and calming down, I’ve stuck with the order.

Identity of dealership will remain nameless, as they have made promises and assured I will get it sooner than they anticipate, I hope this will be the case.

Thanks guys, I’ve found out that my bike hasn’t even been made yet! :blast Was lead to believe that bike was available within 10 to 15 days of order, so was expecting to take delivery last Saturday! So had to asked some uncomfortable questions, to my supplying dealer. :confused: Very disappointed and was going to cancel order, but after walking away and calming down, I’ve stuck with the order.

Identity of dealership will remain nameless, as they have made promises and assured I will get it sooner than they anticipate, I hope this will be the case.

I ordered mine on the 26th Jan :)

Ordered 28th Feb....I was told mine would be in dealers this week on the 25th March. Then Friday 29th only to be told today that the tracking now says delivery should be 29th but expected 1st April...... Frustrated and disappointed that dealer cannot give definitive answer... and doesn’t seem too concerned !

When I was in a dealers the two weeks ago I was told that there is currently only dealer stock of GS /GSA in the country and that they were not expecting any more stock into the UK until a further production run was carried out at the factory.

They reckoned that even if I ordered a new bike that day I would be lucky to get it delivered before late April or May

Ordered 28th Feb....I was told mine would be in dealers this week on the 25th March. Then Friday 29th only to be told today that the tracking now says delivery should be 29th but expected 1st April...... Frustrated and disappointed that dealer cannot give definitive answer... and doesn’t seem too concerned !

Unless the PDI centre have caught up, it will be later than that. There is over a weeks delay once the bike gets to the UK currently. My bike left the factory over a week ago and still no confirmed deliver to the dealer

I was told my gsa rallye would be delayed by a week but it came through on time in the end.

Back
Top Bottom