fuel connectors

ynotbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi all, had the tank off my 1150gs today and when ive come to put the tank back on one of the quick release connectors wont click into place no matter what I do. ive replaced the small o ring but still no click. ive even put lubricant on it but still no good. im stumped , any help would be appreciated. these are plastic quick connectors but I haven't seen anything broken.:beerjug:

hi all, had the tank off my 1150gs today and when ive come to put the tank back on one of the quick release connectors wont click into place no matter what I do. ive replaced the small o ring but still no click. ive even put lubricant on it but still no good. im stumped , any help would be appreciated. these are plastic quick connectors but I haven't seen anything broken.:beerjug:

Hi Tony, push the pin on the female part as it might just be sticking ? Or just change them to metal or brass ones from Hornig...it's a real pain when one of those plastic ones snap and you are far from home..DAMHIK :D

I couldn't re seat one of mine the other week after changing my ABS Brake fluid. Snapped the bloody male part. Thankfully had a metal replacement that fitted fine. I always smear a bit of silicone grease onto the o ring but still find they are sometimes difficult to put back together.

Push a small narrow screwdriver into the female connector to make sure nothing is stuck but be careful fuel will then piddle out

Back
Top Bottom