Coding plug

Amadeus

Reaction score
I've just had the first service for my R1250TE. I had expected them to install the coding plug as I had it in my mind that it was a dealer-installed thing. They didn't install it but looking in the manual it looks like it can be done by anyone. Is there any real benefit in installing it?

I've just had the first service for my R1250TE. I had expected them to install the coding plug as I had it in my mind that it was a dealer-installed thing. They didn't install it but looking in the manual it looks like it can be done by anyone. Is there any real benefit in installing it?

I leave mine installed as it remembers the last suspension settings I used. Without it the system goes back to default after ignition cycle. It also gives me access to enduro pro mode which I use on the trails.

If you want to go seriously off road you can just plug it in yourself to enable enduro pro mode

Mine’s still in its plastic bag under the seat like most I suspect

If you want to go seriously off road you can just plug it in yourself to enable enduro pro mode

Mine’s still in its plastic bag under the seat like most I suspect

Why not plug it in? It won’t turn the bike into a bucking bronco!

Sounds like there’s no pressing reason to install it for someone like me. Might have a fiddle with it just to see what it offers - how badly wrong can it go? 😂

As already said above, it is handy if you do not want to keep changing the ESA settings from Auto to Dynamic etc, but I reckon 99% on here just leave the bike on Auto, and just change the mode from Road to Rain, however install is simple, it is a simple plug, just put it in the correct way.........:D

I have mine installed for one reason only , so it doesn’t fall out of its holder under the seat. Just in case the next owner needs it

Back
Top Bottom