a few phots from South America, Brazil & Amazonia

simon thomas

www.2ridetheworld.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys,

we've not had internat access for for what seems like an age and so I've just spent the last hour getting my GSClub 'fix' :D

We've just reached Manaus in Northern Brazil, after catchig a boat that would carry our bikes down the Amazon. 5 tiring but magical days sailing down the worlds largest river. In the next few days we'll start the attempt of our Southerly route down through teh Amazon to Porto Velho...true be told we're both pretty anxious about this. We've been told it's almost impassable and that at least 3 of the main bridges have been washed away. We'll see?

We've been in South America now for 5 months and are at last getting to grips with the language. Brazil has been an education and and more expensive than we'd realised, but fantastic to ride none the less.

Hers's an exert from our diary and our first nights in this colourful country.

11-07-2005:
Our pack up went pretty smoothly and within 45 minutes we’d stashed our kit and loaded the bikes. The ‘9’ would take us the short 22 miles to the town of Chuy, where we’d cross into Brazil (country No 41). We found the Uruguayan customs 2.5km South of Chuy and checked out without fuss. The Brazilian customs on the other hand was jumping. We hadn’t a clue which queue to join and so in true biker fashion…we didn’t. We just rode to the front of the customs house parked up and grinned. No one even blinked an eye. I still don’t know why, but I was apprehensive about the Brazilian border. I needn’t have been. The crossing was simple enough and the only hold up was that we’d arrived at lunch time and there was only one young guy on duty. Brazil don’t use the ‘Carnet’ and so apart from the normal personal info, passport number, county of origin, etc,etc. We completed the temporary import/export forms and signed a document that confirms that should we sell the bike whilst in Brazil than we would pay 10% of the value of the bike in TAX. 2 hours after arrival we were in. We’d wanted to come to Brazil for so long. It was surreal to be here at last.

The country side seemed to change almost immediately. Somehow larger, lusher and certainly greener. We were heading up to Rio Grande where we’d hope to find some camping. The ‘9’ snakes its way through the lagoons that lace the coastline. Lush water ways and water-laden fields to our left and right, complete with swimming livestock. As the ‘9’ rose a little higher our view improved. The water stretched into the horizon on both sides, the dark blue waters broken occasionally where a patch of scrub had managed somehow to survive. The whole area was a wildlife playground. Neither of us have ever seen so many birds of prey in one place in our lives. We haven’t a clue what half of the species were. We parked up on the right and managed to get a few photos of what we can only describe as swimming hairy pigs, hopefully we’ll have a more eloquent explanation of these beasties when we see them next.

Rio Grande was larger than either of us has expected. It was of course rush hour and we’d not eaten all day. Not the best way to be introduced to a new city. Worst of all we’d arrived like complete amateurs and had no Brazilian currency. We were both getting ‘testy’, and it would soon be dark. To make matters worse we’d not seen a single sign for any camping and our 20 minute ride around town in search of an ATM machine that would accept our card had come to nothing.

Enter the hero of the hour…George. We’d parked up in the centre of town, stumped as to what to do next, no cash…no options. How had we been this unorganised? George had introduced himself as a local shop owner and was asking enthusiastically about the bikes. “if I can help in any way, you must let me know” George remarked casually. 20 minutes later and we were ‘sorted’. Georges had introduced us to his high street neighbour who had readily offered to exchange some of our US$ for Brazilian Real. ‘Dosh’ done, right where are we staying? With that George had jumped in his car and led us to the interestingly named ‘Kiss Motel’, which, he described as cheap and very clean. With our home found for the night we unpacked the bikes and arranged to meet up with George and his wife later tonight. The least we could do was buy this a guy a drink.

The ‘Kiss Motel’, Mmmmm….where do I start. We were giggling before we’d even got upstairs. The secure parking was very secure and for that matter very discreet. We’d never stayed anywhere, where you could pull a large canvas curtain behind your vehicle to stop prying eyes from spotting you. The large round bed in the middle of the room was firm and squeek free and ‘interestingly’ decorated . We reckon they’d worked out the nightly fee of 39 Real by simply multiplying the number of hours they thought we’d be here by the going hourly rate. Sure as hell no-one normally sleeps here! We now had the giggles bad.

The tiled floor was a nice touch…so much easier to clean up than pesky carpet, which does seem to hold on to stains. A large hammock had been hung in the corner, right in front of the door. We weren’t sure if this was for post coital relaxational purposes or whether it was just a poor mans ‘sex swing’?

If we had any doubts left, the TV and the menu would finish them off. The slapping, pumping writhing and moaning on every channel, made a noteworthy break from the normal “…You’re watching CNN”. But my favourite has to be the menu. You could order, Pizza, steak, salad, or hamburger and with each one the motel had kindly suggested an accompanying sex aid…how thoughtful?. Pizza and dual action dildo looked popular; well it was rated with 3 gold stars. The hamburger was recommended with a ‘saucy little 2001 tropically flavoured tube of anal lubrication’. But if you really fancied pushing the boat out then, with 4 gold stars you could go for the steak, which was served with a plethora of brightly coloured condoms and your choice of but plug or edible undies. So much choice…so little time!!! ?

hope you enjoy the photos

All the best
Simon & Lisa
www.2ridetheworld.com

Attachments

• gs_club_brazil_1_montage_light.jpg
    gs_club_brazil_1_montage_light.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 784
images from South America

a few images...

Attachments

• gs_club_brazil_2_montage_light.jpg
    gs_club_brazil_2_montage_light.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 764
a few more

a few more...

Attachments

• gs_club_brazil_3_montage_light.jpg
    gs_club_brazil_3_montage_light.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 778
piccies

piccies'...

Attachments

• gs_club_brazil_4_montage_light.jpg
    gs_club_brazil_4_montage_light.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 774
Verny...

still a smooth talking hampster humper then Vern? ;)

How things going your side?

Cheers Simon

Strange thing is,it gets better the further away you get.Nice piccies though.Good to see the old 11 still chugging along,is it run in yet?

...RUN IN

Vern,

well, the 1100's fast approaching 100,000 miles so she's nearly run in. ;)

she still fly's quit well. :D

cheers
Simon

Attachments

• flying.jpg
    flying.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 773
Well done guys! :thumb

Always keeped eye on your web.

Those brazilian shots particulary here make me jelous as hell btw! ;)

Ride safe you both!

Cheers, Margus :clap

Back
Top Bottom