simon and lisa in difficulties!!

Simon´s Op and contact address

Hi all,

Thank you for all your concern over the last few days...weeks!
Simon had his Op yesterday as our good friend ´Bonkers´told you. (thanks Glyn)
I could only see him very briefly as he is in intensive care - but he can still talk (so no peace and quiet for me then!) and his first words were .....my throat hurts!

The operation meant that they enter through the front of the neck in order to reach the vertebrae at the rear. This also means that the muscles are cut and anything in the way is ´moved to the side´.....nice.

Our insurance company (Campbell Irvine) is covering all costs and has also agreed to cover the additional cost of the hotel stay that will be required for his recouperation. As you all know our house is a tent and we only ´do´hotels, B&Bs in an emergency or if we are in a city.

For those of you that wish to send him well wishes (the post from the UK to Brazil is good) our address for the next 30 days or so is:

Parthenon The Must
Rua Funchal, 111
Vila Olímpia
04551-060 São Paulo SP Brasil

we are in room 72, under Lisa Thomas
direct phone: (55 11) 3046 3872....but he will stay in hospital for at least another 4 days.....

He would be so over the moon to hear from you guys - and he will be celebrating his birthday recovering - his 36th b´day is Dec 6th. :)

I will keep you all updated and post some new pics on the site soon.
cheers all and thanks once again for your support and kind words!
Lisa

Thats good news, glad it all went well.

There are some places fairly close to you where you can take it easy for a month or so, you know...sleep in a building.

La Posta Del Viajero En Moto in Azul (one day ride south from Buenos Aires) is a biker friendly place run by Jorge (nickname Pollo). You can stay there free of charge so its no surprise its popular with travellers like wot we are.

Good luck with the recovery & you'll soon be back on the road.

way to go guys had a drink or ten for you last night bridget and i got home 3:20 gmt well we had to do you both justise.

every one in the courtyard are routing for you :clap :clap :clap :clap :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :friday :friday :friday :hogroast

well i'm out of intensive care and have just been given the first x-rays of my new neck.

I'm still having real probs swollowing and my neck and back are locked stiff but I'm out of danger and will start physio tomorrow..anyway heres a few piccies
x-ray1.jpg

x-ray2.jpg

cheers guys
Simon T

Looks like a chain link. Fitting at least.

You'll have to use the mirrors more now.

Don't you get ice cream for sore throats?

DID 540 from the looks of it.....all you need now is a Scotoiler ;)

A Tawny in the Bear

Best wishes to both of you, glad the op went well and I'll have a pint of Tawny in the Bear for you both tonight. Jim :beer:

Trippy,

make that several Tawny's and whilst your at it down a few ciders for me :thumb

If you get a chance, say Hi to the boys and girls in the Bear for us.

Woke up this morning after physio and feel like I've just gone 50 rounds with Tyson and then got hit by a truck.

...alcohol...please

Cheers Simon T :beer:

Best wishes Simon, take care, and good luck with the physio....(is she good looking ???, I wont tell Lisa...honest!!)

:whip :hapybnce: ha ha take your punishment simon you know you like it :ymca

lots of love mrs bonkers :boobies

...this is what comes of not looking at my emails....only jus found out about yer accident mate ...scary stuff :eek:

Hope ya get sorted soon and back to your adventure... ya made a good choice of partner mate, i'll wager there's not many that would have Lisa's disposition and resiliance to complement your own... :thumb

Best regards

Charlie

P.S. be MORE CAREFUL!!! :nono

Back
Top Bottom