new trip video...let us know what you think?

simon thomas

www.2ridetheworld.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We've just finished putting together this short video clip after collecting, begged and borrowed clips from frineds we've met on the road. We're still getting the hang of the editing software but it's fun to do.

The clip has vid' from Morocco through to Brazil. Let us know what you think?

One file size is 1.6MB (bit hazy in places) and the other is 16MB much better to watch if you've got the internet speed.

...dusty days of freedom (1.6MB)
...dusty days of freedom (16MB)

Have fun, hope you enjoy. :beerjug:

Cheers
Simon T

Excellent guys :bounce1 :clap :clap :clap

Next instalment please ;) .....................

so cool inspiring enthraling non of these words say it right.

WOW! :bow :clap :hogroast :wave

More inspirational stuff :thumb

Brilliant :clap

Nice one :thumb
Glad to see that you are recovering after your fall. That must have been a scary time. :eek: Well done on living your dream and I hope you complete it. :bow
In your opinion which of the bikes is proving to be the most practical for the journey the 650 or the 1100?

As has been said Well Done both of you very inspirational,hope the injuries are healing nicely look forward to the next instalment.

Regd's K :thumb

Glad you like the video. We had fun putting it together, every scene brought back great memories.

Eddie, regarding your question: I've got to say that we've been amazed and delighed at exactly how 'bullet proof' andwonderfully reliable the F650 has been. I'm not sure if I can say which bike is better for the whole journey, both bikes have pluses and minuses, but If I were planning to ride Africa for example, North to South then I'd have no hesitation in throwing some big tanks and firmer suspension on the F650 and heading off. The engine is so over engineered.

Mind you, I'm in love with the 1100GS and having come this far there's no way I'd change 'Tinkerbelle' (yep, thats her name) now for the world.

A lot about bike choice comes down to how much 'off-road' you plan on doing and how much experience/confidence you have. No matter what anyone tells you, for a journey of our size there is no perfect bike, as you're tackling so many different types of terrain.

There...now thats as clear as mud isn't it???

If you fancy seeing any more video, we've got two others we've put together.
You can see them at our website, here's the link to the 'video vault' page
'Video Vault'

Oh, yeah, the music track is 'Desert Rose', by Sting from the album 'a brand new day'.

Take care, ride safe
Simon T :beerjug:

Damn! So many places I MUST go............

Beautiful pictures and one of my favourite bits of music..

:thumb

Wow !

respect guys..

excellent track as well (Sting - Desert Road), sure beats the embankment on amonday morning !

Yours Buster.

(stick ur tonque out !) :thumb

Excellent, really enjoyed watching the clip :thumb

I thoroughly enjoyed watching those video's and your choice of music was very good ... I'll keep a watchful eye on your threads for the next awe inspiring chapter of your journey to the back end and beyond ...... :)

Thankyou for sharing your journey and true life experiences.

Ride safely ....

K.

Simon thanks enjoyed the video and the music - excellent stuff :clap

Thanks Again

Bastard! What did you have to go and post that for? :D

Seriously though, fantastic; much better than the "Points West" video, that's for sure! :mmmm

Heal quickly and have a good Christmas both. :thumb

Regards, Mick

Thanks for the post, it makes a grey Warwickshire day so much more bearable. Also it's great to know that some people do actually live my dream. Keep it coming and good luck with the rest of your journeys.

Ok,enough of the bluffing,we all saw the Jewson lorry go past,now come clean and tell us all where you really are.I'm still guessing Redditch and that old quarry :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom