Hydraulic clutch ? check this

motomartin said:
it should have a plastic coating on it from new IMO.

I've got a 10 yr old Mitsibushi Pajero that has coated brake and clutch lines that still look like new - and thats supposed to be an off-roader too.

Cheap BMW :mmmm

Never go to Spain in a Pajero(any takers on the translation :D )Makes I larf when I see them

Vern said:
Never go to Spain in a Pajero(any takers on the translation :D )Makes I larf when I see them

When I worked in Colombia (Sth America) we used to drive em - only they were called Shoguns.
Pajero is the Spanish word for one who 'Tosses' :D pronounced 'pah-hairo'

Looked at mine, slightly scabby.

Went into the garage GS the same. :D Put some ACF50 onto it. Didn't cut any rubber away. How far up the pipe does this rubber go? What's under the rubber? Is it a solid pipe? May just spray it with chain lube. Watcha reckon?

Just pushed the rubber cover off the metal fitting on mine, and let out more dirty water than I'd like. Some corrosion on the fitting where it was inside the tube, but doesn't look enough to worry about too much. Still not inspiring on a bike 2 months beyond 2 years.

I guess the rubber cover is the one that starts just under the front of the tank where it can easily collect rain (and water from the occasional wash)?

Any reason to put the rubber cover back over the metal fitting, rather than leaving it loose to (hopefully) allow water to drain? It looks like chafing protection for the hydraulic line as it convolutes beneath tank and over gearbox, unless anybody knows what else it's for?

This is a metal "u" pipe thats part of the hydraulic clutch line, it sits at the back of the gearbox attached to the clutch slave cylinder. It gets covered in crap, and it's unprotected.

And it ends up in this condition, weeping fluid - from a 3 year old bike :eek:

This is the condition it should be in.

Yes this looks as crappy as mine does but its at the slave end where mine is damaged - when it fell over the handguards moved round and 'kinked' the pipe making a tiny hole! doh!

I know this was an old thread from 2005.

Thanks a million for the info Neil.:thumb2
I have a june 2002 r1150gs pre evo bike 44000 miles.
I got a bmw adv braided hose put on by Rudiemoto.
He reports that it was a good job I asked him to check mine out.
He reported the corrosion was pretty bad and would have cause a problem very soon.

Guess using it to cross a few fords ,accelerated the corrosion:blast
All sorted now though:clap

feck 8 years since I was the last post on this thread!

perhaps it could be moved to the tips / faq?

Thanks for the reminder. Cleaned and painted mine with hammerite when Steptoe first posted this, about time I gave it a check over and possibly another coat of paint. Doesn't time fly.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom