Publicity Coordinator

Baton rider
GS Girl

Baton Support team
GS Boyz 1
GS Boyz 2
GS Boyz 3

Hiya,

If you need some help down in the southwest, I can probably lend a hand or two! Cornwall is my neck of the woods so let me know! :D

Baton Support team

Put my name down for one of the Baton Support team.

Just as I thought it, have put name down for Baton support leaving Cornwall but if you are short on this leg I could do either.

Im in southampton, and ill assist as and where I can, SWMBO has said shes happy to pillion down too. Let me know whats needed.

HG

Depending on dates, i'll be a part of this leg.

I'll be a baton support boy

:beerjug:

Could you please let me know who is the co-ordinator for this region.....

many thanks

Karen :)

I don't think we have one - I'll be "acting co-ordinator" until someone steps up so at least we can have a vague idea of time to add to your other thread :)

Just realised we don't seem to have a main rider yet :eek:

Clive said:
I don't think we have one - I'll be "acting co-ordinator" until someone steps up so at least we can have a vague idea of time to add to your other thread :)

Just realised we don't seem to have a main rider yet :eek:

Yes you have ... Jaq's has stepped forward, and from what I hear she races C90's Dakar style :bow

Duchess said:
Yes you have ... Jaq's has stepped forward, and from what I hear she races C90's Dakar style :bow

Great! - I can half the time estimate for our leg then ;)

Anyone know Dartmouth ?

I normally use the ferry when in that area - is the bridge nearby a Toll bridge ?

Will the (toll) bridge and/or ferry be open in the middle of the night (around 2am?)

Clive

the ferry between Dartmouth - Kingswear finishes about 22:45hrs.

I don't know what bridge you are referring to; the road crossing over the Dart is at Totnes - no bridge as such.

HTH

R

ralphy said:
the ferry between Dartmouth - Kingswear finishes about 22:45hrs.

I don't know what bridge you are referring to; the road crossing over the Dart is at Totnes - no bridge as such.

Thanks.
On mapsource the route shows a "bridge road" going across the Dart as the A379 with a dashed line shown as Ferry a bit further down. I suspect "bridge road" is in fact the ferry.

there are two ferries at dartmouth but if you cross at totnes and take the kingsbridge road out until you get to halwell you can turn off there to get to dartmouth, you pick up the coast road at townstal. just turn left and follow the road to strete and stokefleming.
I wouldn't miss this bit of coast either as it is one of the best bits in the region,

Just to clarify...

so far we have...

Baton rider

Jaq

Baton Support team
(3 from the following - although I'm not sure it matters if we have more than 3 :nenau )

Clive
HeavyG
Phil Adams
ShaunT279 (Possible)
Carcher2k (Depending on dates)

Anyone else want to add their name for the support team or any other role(s) ?

The route...

The route I quickly mapped the other day has been altered a little to avoid Dartmouth (no ferry at night). I've also tried to keep on "main" roads without straying too far from the coast (since this leg runs through the night).

If anyone with knowledge of the roads in the area could have a look at the maps - I'd appreciate any comments - note the route needs to be confirmed early March.

I'm also looking where we might want to organise stops for petrol/coffee etc - probably every 1.5 hours - once I've worked where they roughly are I'll be asking for local knowledge about suitable petrol stations etc that will be open during the night.

Part 1

Attachments

• Route_03_Part1.jpg
    Route_03_Part1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 191

Back
Top Bottom