Pink Way Region 2 - QEII Bridge (Dartford) to Southampton

Wow - I'm deeply impressed...

...by your support and enthusiasm, Burf & Zippy, that's just great after feeling pretty frustrated since Steptoe's first (and last...) post in March! :clap

Although I have done the recce run already on my own at the beginning of March I will be happy to ride the leg again on the 19th. I still have the route saved on my GPS and as the main part is quite booooooring, we might be able to incorporate a few improvements :). Could we agree on not to start before 10.00 at Thurrock Services? (I still have to get there from Oxford... ;) )

I think the safest way to see if the others (who have posted prior to March...) are still interested and willing to support the good cause would be to send a pm to everybody (we can have up to 10 recipients in one message IIRC). Zippy, would you be able to do this or shall I?

Thank you so much for your help - I am getting really excited now! :bounce1

Ela x

Pumpy said:
...by your support and enthusiasm, Burf & Zippy, that's just great after feeling pretty frustrated since Steptoe's first (and last...) post in March! :clap

Although I have done the recce run already on my own at the beginning of March I will be happy to ride the leg again on the 19th. I still have the route saved on my GPS and as the main part is quite booooooring, we might be able to incorporate a few improvements :). Could we agree on not to start before 10.00 at Thurrock Services? (I still have to get there from Oxford... ;) )

I think the safest way to see if the others (who have posted prior to March...) are still interested and willing to support the good cause would be to send a pm to everybody (we can have up to 10 recipients in one message IIRC). Zippy, would you be able to do this or shall I?

Thank you so much for your help - I am getting really excited now! :bounce1

Ela x

Leave it with me and I'll send some PMs tomorrow and see who still wants to help, if we've had no responses beforehand.

I won't be able to do the 19th as I'll be on my way back from Shropshire (family hols) but I'm free the rest of the week til the 29th - was planning on taking my daughter away for a couple of days camping on the south coast so could combine it with a little (!) ride as well if the 19th doesn't work for you and Burf.

I don't know how much time we've got to play with, but there's an extra loop around Thanet (east Kent) and a possible loop along the ranges between new Romney and Rye which might add a bit more interest. I'm not on GPS, but I'll have a try to mark up a couple of map images tomorrow.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom