SECOND ANNUAL WEST KERRY ADVENTURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeadRed said:
Looking at the pictures, looks fantastic, small question though are the road biased tyres suitable for the off road sections, and secondly anyone thinking of going down from Belfast direction on the Friday, as I'm new to this forum and would like to know more about getting envolved.
better pm the tour organiser ..if the trails are like the photo ie cart trac ish you would be ok but any mud ruts or wet grass would be a bambi on ice job ..even worse if your not used to off road ..you would be well advised to have a aggesive tread pattern if your going in the muddy stuff or you will without question bin it... with all that weight you need the front well and truly planted ..... see you there :eek:

Attachments

• IMAG0017.JPG
    IMAG0017.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 374
Gasping with jealousy......

Tourance tyres worked ok but it was pretty dry. Most will be on those kind of tyres so i doubt anything too intrepid will be tried if it is wet.

Kerry June 2006

Put me on the list too. I was down last year and wouldn't miss it this year.

I'll bring me tent.

Put me down for a place beside the picnic table, the view is to die for!

Sugarcube said:
That would be great! Are you guys going to be in Donegal for the meeting at the end of March?
I am trying to clear what is turning out to be a very busy weekend in March, but as the wife ain't to pleased at me talking of going aWay the only weekend in march that i can spend at home with her and the kids, i would say probably not........ can't upset her too much away to Cumbria for a long weekend in may.......... and i think there are already a couple of pints in the Crown in Coniston with my name on them. Will let you know if the oportunity arises for Donegal.

Minky were was this photo taken, i have a Honda CR and would tackle that hill on it without expecting to fall off, let alone a GS.

Bin Ridin said:
Gasping with jealousy......

Tourance tyres worked ok but it was pretty dry. Most will be on those kind of tyres so i doubt anything too intrepid will be tried if it is wet.
tHANKS Bin, will avert ma fears for now.

DeadRed said:
Minky were was this photo taken, i have a Honda CR and would tackle that hill on it without expecting to fall off, let alone a GS.
gap road brecon beacons wales

set of flares required with every gs ... its not gs terratory its not that bad if its dry but when wet it one bad mother slippy red clay..plus theres fast flowing river at the bottom that runs really fast

Attachments

• IMAG0033.JPG
    IMAG0033.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 341
river looks like this........................

Attachments

• Grabbed Frame 2.bmp
    116.3 KB · Views: 328
Yippeeee

permission got, hostel booked and passport at the ready for the Shannon crossing. into Munster. :D :D :D Roll on Summer. :clap

Arrival Times

Arrivals can be anytime on the Thursday afternoon, there will be grub and beer at the pub next door....Ask for Ingo the Manager (and GS rider) and he will sort you out at the hostel. Looking forward to seeing you all.
The Kerry Man (Tim)

My daughter has a lunch time driving test on the 8th, and I am kinda instructing her for that, so cant head off first thing. I was then planning a bike trip to Scotland on the 9th..... but this could by a big 'maybe' instead.

Any of the North guys heading off later on Thursday? Also, any idea of how many hours from Belfast??

Any ideas as to if rooms still available?

Loads of questions, but I might just be there!

Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks said:
My daughter has a lunch time driving test on the 8th, and I am kinda instructing her for that, so cant head off first thing. I was then planning a bike trip to Scotland on the 9th..... but this could by a big 'maybe' instead.

Any of the North guys heading off later on Thursday? Also, any idea of how many hours from Belfast??

Any ideas as to if rooms still available?

Loads of questions, but I might just be there!

Betty Swollocks

Not sure as yet of when we are heading off but playing with Mapsource your looking at about 300 miles of a trip from Belfast so that should give you an idea of how long to get there. :thumb

Cheers Thunder... will keep an eye on this one. I have permission, but have promised others I would do Top of Scotland again.

I'm intending to head down on Thursday morning, anyone from this part of the world doing the same?

Also question for someone with local knowledge. How easy is it to get from Kerry airport to the hostel? Ms Cheeks got lumbered with a meeting on Thursday morning and is going to catch a flight from Dublin in the afternoon. :eek:

wheres good ???

im getting the ferry monday and turning up at the meeting friday
any of you guys from the emerald isle recomend towns to stay in roads to ride thanks regards steve

SWERVIES

. . go North from Adrigole, over Healy Pass.
then do the Priest's Leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom