MonoLever register - Your PHOTOS please

basic in the water

Heres me on mine, you can almost smell the fear,taken by Mr Ifan in t peaks.

Attachments

• SG_pics_003.jpg
    SG_pics_003.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 3,816
HI, MY 1981 G/S, stock etc, pd tank, twin disc conversion, twin plugs, seibenrock conv and home made boxes,
cheers all.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3,810
Ok here's my 80 G/S

It started life as a R80ST (82),

and after a bit of work looks like this,

r80e.jpg

R80d.jpg

When I bought it, the tank, frame, and just about everyting was paited with a brush, either white, black or silver. The silver was nogal roof paint.

Well I stripped it down,
Powder Coated the frame Blue,
The R100 engine was already running nicely so I did not open it,
Replaced Oil seals on gearbox while it was open,
New Clutch plate, as I had no idea how many km,s its done.
Oil seals on the final drive,
Cleaned everything properly,
re-built the carbs,
re-covered the seat.
Koni rear shock. Feels a bit soft though.

AND fitted a F650 Front end. I only had to have a shorter stem made for the steering head. The R80 and 650 steeering head bearings are exactly the same. just the stem on the R80 is 20mm shorter.
Also fitted 21" Dakar wheel, disc, and Caliper with new braided hose.
aftermarket front fender.
Screen: aftermarket Dakar screen, home made brackets.

AND VOILA, a buautifully running sort of R80/100/650 G/S.

PS. I just about had to force the Tank from an "unknown" party at Gun Point, as these Basic / Kalahari type tanks are really hard to find jhere in SA.
By the way, the stickers are actually original Kalahari stickers, don't even ask where i got them.

Still to do:

Suspension travel, maybe Dakar or MX frotn shocks,
Spacer and longer drive shaft rear. i already have the spacer. Just need to find another drive shaft to modify.

Kenny,

The 650GS or Dakar front end fits perfectly. ONLY Mod is the Stem that is 20mm Shorter. Steering head bearings are Exactly the same. This also allowed me to use the 650 tensioner for the steering head bearing. It fits perfectly over the frame of the r80.

I had the normal 650GS front end available so I used it. Bottom and top yokes, as well as 650 handle bars.

NOTE: You will have to make your own steering stop. Not too difficult as there is place to bolt it to the bottom yoke of the 650.

I used 2mm x 15mm mild steel to make small brackets to fit the original R80 Clock and headlight bracket to the 650 yokes.

If I had an original R80G/S front end I would not have gone this route. But the R80ST front shocks are shorter and it also had a 19" wheel. Therefore the 650 setup.

And quite easy to later fit an original front end as no modifications were made to the frame.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I hope to keep this for many years to come.

It started life as a R80ST (82),

and after a bit of work looks like this,

r80e.jpg

I love that phrase "after a bit of work". I guess it translates roughly as " after 6 months shut away underground in the workshop, while the boss gave me the sack( for not turning up), wife divorced( jealousy) and house reposessed":D

My "new" yellow tractor

Heres my recently aquired airhead. Its a R80G/S from 1987 and it came with the following upgrades:
- Siebenrock 1000ccm kit
- 320 degrees camshaft
- SilentHektik twin spark
- WP shock
- HPN 5th gear

Since the purchase I have dismounted the K&N filters and installed an original airfilter box. Dismounted and sold the Givi screen. Also I have done a little bit of maintenance like changing oils etc. In the future I may sell my F650GS Dakar and upgrade the G/S ala HPN ;)

My_GS.jpg

New airhead owner....

Thanks to Colin Phillips and the ever excellent Proff Delivery Service :clap :clap :clap there is a new airhead owner in your midst.....

1981, reg'd UK 83, so that's me in the garage evenings and weekends....

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

Needs an MOT, so just a quick spin up and down the road so far, but very happy chap! :thumb2

Bringin' up the rear...

Well, it seems as though I'm about the only one without a photo of their "beloved" on this post.

I've no camera to begin with, and even if I had the loan of one, I'd have no idea what to do with it.

Oh well, you'll just have to have a look at the following Phil Hawkleys link:

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/photopages/photoparisdakar.htm

Mines the one listes with the dual seat (two photos: left and right side)

Enjoy!

You have now :thumb2
Kenny

Attachments

• R80GS%20ParisDakar%20(1).jpg
    R80GS%20ParisDakar%20(1).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 3,712
  • R80GS%20ParisDakar%20(2).jpg
    R80GS%20ParisDakar%20(2).jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 3,471
FFS !!!

I have just realised there is not a Pic of my beloved Gertrude on this thread.
I'm now rectifying the heinous mistake !!!

Attachments

• Gertie.jpg
    Gertie.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 3,964
first photo

Shes running well, slight fishy smell when i change down gears!
bike001.jpg
bike002.jpg

Now that is a nice Airhead...............:D :D

She's great... even though I'm walking with a limp having attempted to kick start her with just my toes on the arm, ouch!

She also pulled a nice and stable ton tonight.

And I just love the way she handle on the road and the way she powers out of bends... such fun.

I've heard she's got a sister not to far from me; all fancy arse and no power i've heard ;-)

Attachments

• 04062007105.jpg
    04062007105.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 3,091
Reckon i'm eligible now, guess the questions now begin for knowledge and the spending carries on indefinitely.................

airhead.jpg

hey guys, really keen to get myself one of these bikes. question is; where do you get these tail pieces and how much? really improves the look of it i think..

R80 st / g/s

Hi
only just found this thread,here's my converted st,it has
dr650 forks,yokes(modified to fit),front wheel.
1000cc barrels
32/10 drive box
wilbers shock
homemade alloy 36l tank
" alloy screen
" stainless crash bars
" stainless rack
" stainless centre stand
" stainless pannier frames
" alloy panniers
" stainless exhaust guard
" stainless battery tray
since photo it has a homebrewed 2" extended swingarm
still not sure about colour scheme,on tank and panniers,might do it again plain white.
I know it's not as good as some of the bikes here but it only cost me £800 and about £250 more to get to this state.

Attachments

• gs.jpg
    gs.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 3,024
Hey hey.

I think I can be included now.

Picked this beast up today. What do ya reckon??

Thanks Proff for all your help and advice :beerjug::beerjug::beerjug:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 2,786
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 2,837
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2,784
There's been a few bikes bought and sold in recent months so I thought we'd have a Roll call to see who's still here and who's on the road. Some of the guys haven't posted for a few months so I presume they have moved on.

There's 6,115 UKGSer members, I thought it would be interesting to see how many Monos are among them.

I've still got mine but it's off the road with a dodgy gearbox and a few other bits.
Proff still has his and it's on the road
Matkat had a nasty spill and is off the road
Jason (colt) is still on the road
Bakerlonger legs is off the road
Flipfly is on the road
Wreford is on the road
New guy is on the road
Kompost posted in july so I presume is still on the road
GS Weissbeer is still on the road
MickDB1 has two bikes at the minute and both are on the road
Civil has a standard bike in bits
Alts is still on the road
Migsel is still on the road

So out of 6,115 members there's only 16 Mono owners and 11 Monos on the road that we're aware off...any more?

Apologies if I've missed you :beerjug:

Very nice :clap

Whats the bit I've circled?

Attachments

• r80007.jpg
    r80007.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2,786

Back
Top Bottom