MonoLever register - Your PHOTOS please

Guest said:
John , perfect riding country.

Got to agree with that....spent a couple of weeks in NZ years ago and always vowed to go back and ride both North and South ...we leave next November for a 2 month trip....can't wait. Only bad news is I will have to leave the g/s behind and rent a 1200.

Would love to do that on my airhead.

my little 65GS

This a photo I took when I got it home from the Dutch surplus dealer who was selling lots of these, back in 2010.
It has undergone a few changes and has done 50,000 mike since then.

Attachments

• R65GS GENDARMARIE.jpg
    R65GS GENDARMARIE.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 849
No doubt the tank came from Fontainebleau gendarmerie school
BMW sold them R65 G/S (Never sold in France, only 80 G/S)

R65GS bikes

They are great bikes, all the advantages of the 80G/S but 2 inches narrower. The Gendarm ordered the 48 BHP version. My other one is the 27 BHP version which I suspect was ex Danish military.
Some of the mods are, Digital ignition and up dated alternator by EMC, 860 kit from Siebenrock, Wilbers shock, custom made rear subframe and Panniers plus many other bits and bobs.
The Monolever is better that the Paralever in my opinion, I know I've got them both.
I'll not sell the Monlever bikes but will sell the 80GS Basic later this year.
cheers
Bob

no doubt you are right Mick. What can you tell me about the Fontainbleau school?
The bike was apparently for off road training and had been abused a lot although recorded KMs was low.

Wow I was at that castle last year in the summer my German friend lives close by and he was getting married he's a massive Dourtmund fan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no doubt you are right Mick. What can you tell me about the Fontainbleau school?
The bike was apparently for off road training and had been abused a lot although recorded KMs was low.

What more ? R65 G/S were only sold to gendarmerie, no one in french BMW dealer. Only a couple of non police 65 G/S here, all imported
you can find a litel part between the R100 GS tank and seat to plug the hole (We have discussed about that in a french BMW forum "le flatistan"). But I don't think gendarmerie bikes have this part
Feel free to ask your questions here :
http://www.flat-twin-bmw.com/f12-les-gs-g-s-et-les-st

R80G/S

Thought it was time I posted a photo of my G/S.

IMG_5847.jpg

Its a 1980 model but had been slightly upgraded by the previous owner to 1000cc and with a second front disc, both mods I'd have probably done in due course anyway.

Since buying it in 2013 I've slowly been trying to bring it back to standard (in appearance); the seat's been recently recovered and the exhaust system is a stainless keihan which I've had cam-coated in satin black (looks better I think rather than the original matt black which the '80 model would have had). In due course it'll get a respray for the side panels and front mudguard.

Had this on the Airhead stand at the Bristol Classic Bike show last month.

Roll on the lighter summer evenings .... :)

Last edited:
She looks a beauty. A good olde bus in the prettiest colours:beerjug:

What's the scuttlebutt with the Camcoat? Does it resist going scabby well? Is it expensive?

She looks a beauty. A good olde bus in the prettiest colours:beerjug:

What's the scuttlebutt with the Camcoat? Does it resist going scabby well? Is it expensive?

The camcoat cost £230 (incl postage from Warrington) for the complete system and so far its held up ok and I'm happy with the result.

Hi, bonjour,
I'm new in this Forum... I com from Flatistan, the best French (world ? :) ) Forum about vintages and classics Flat-twin. !!!! :rob http://www.flat-twin-bmw.com/
Sorry for my bad English... French are bad in "exotics languages" ;)
I live in south-west of France and I'm fan of G/S.
I'm author of the French Wikipedia G/S page https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R_80_G/S . On this page, all are friend's G/S .

My G/S is all genuine (just tank repainted after fall and the top of the seat)... and other new little parts. It as a nice story.
Happy to be here with you.:thumby:

Attachments

• 800px-BMW_R80GS_GENUINE_3.jpg
    800px-BMW_R80GS_GENUINE_3.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 757
  • DSC07102.jpg
    DSC07102.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 780
  • DSC07055.jpg
    DSC07055.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 828
  • raunio12.jpg
    raunio12.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 776
Hi, bonjour,
I'm new in this Forum... I com from Flatistan, the best French (world ? :) ) Forum about vintages and classics Flat-twin. !!!! :rob http://www.flat-twin-bmw.com/
Sorry for my bad English... French are bad in "exotics languages" ;)
I live in south-west of France and I'm fan of G/S.
I'm author of the French Wikipedia G/S page https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R_80_G/S . On this page, all are friend's G/S .

My G/S is all genuine (just tank repainted after fall and the top of the seat)... and other new little parts. It as a nice story.
Happy to be here with you.:thumby:

That's a beauty ��

Always nice to have French airhead riders here ✌️

Welcome.

Bonjour mon ami (Just showing off now)

Nice to have you along for the ride.

Do you know GS Vintage in Nice? (www.gsvintage.com & on You Tube).

I'm going to have a look at your web site.

I haven't find how to make private messages ... Maybe you need to pay for this fonction ?
But all you need is write : You need to contact all the owners of very first G/S

Back
Top Bottom