My first service cost me £250.00 from BMW Park Lane - it seems rather pricey to me

EXACTLY!

like my old man said to me...

you wanna play with the big boys ?
you gotta pay like the big boys !!

sell it if you can't afford it :nenau

Just what I was thinking! Either pay the price or dont get it done, the choice is yours. Personally, I dont want to skip ANY head torquing or valve clearance checks e.g. and if I did, how could I possibly moan if the bike went bang and all that money becomes, potentially, a pile of scrap. At least with BMW you get a price and thats what you pay. Try going to other main dealers with one of their bikes and get them to guarantee a price on servicing/work. I know Suzuki dont, as it depends how long it takes, if we have problems removing this and that Blah blah blah. All BMW work has a time /cost associated with it, so it is in their best interested to get the job done in the allotted time.
I sat having some work done on a 650 a few years ago and they couldnt get the tank filler on correctly, and after struggling for hours decided to order a new one. They gave me a loan bike and i collected next day FOR NO EXTRA COST than the quote. Try getting that at any other main dealer!

Dont buy a bike that costs more than a family car then bitch about a few quid for top quality service. Buy a cheap bike and service it yourself to make it disposable when it goes wrong.

Just what I was thinking! Either pay the price or dont get it done, the choice is yours. Personally, I dont want to skip ANY head torquing or valve clearance checks e.g. and if I did, how could I possibly moan if the bike went bang and all that money becomes, potentially, a pile of scrap. At least with BMW you get a price and thats what you pay. Try going to other main dealers with one of their bikes and get them to guarantee a price on servicing/work. I know Suzuki dont, as it depends how long it takes, if we have problems removing this and that Blah blah blah. All BMW work has a time /cost associated with it, so it is in their best interested to get the job done in the allotted time.
I sat having some work done on a 650 a few years ago and they couldnt get the tank filler on correctly, and after struggling for hours decided to order a new one. They gave me a loan bike and i collected next day FOR NO EXTRA COST than the quote. Try getting that at any other main dealer!

Dont buy a bike that costs more than a family car then bitch about a few quid for top quality service. Buy a cheap bike and service it yourself to make it disposable when it goes wrong.

Bloody he'll... your a bit late getting on on the action.. this post is from 2006:D

Back
Top Bottom