optimate fittings

djack

Hi all, I recently changed my bike from R1200gs went back to a Yamaha fjr1300.I have my reasons which I wont bore you with but I like this site and the people that use it :D
I am posting here today to pick someones brains :D My peoblem is that since getting Fjr I have not done much riding due to work commitments hence now has flat battery :( I have found that the bike is fitted with a connection from a Optimate 111 with a waterproof rubber cover ideal I thought as I have a optimate too :D
Then comes the crunch my optimate is optimate 2 and the fitting on the bike is a optimate 111 fitting :eek: Any one got a solution other than buying a new optimate at 40+ pounds :eek: or selling the bike :D Does someone know of a conversion connector or some other way round this? Or does some one have the lead that is of the optimate 2 the bit that fastens to the battery
so one can just connect the optimate when required cos I have lost mine :(

cheers to all djack

Maplins sell all the connectors used by Optimate for a few shillings. Cheapest method unless someone has a lead to spare.

bought the bit which attaches to the battery, at Halfords a few weeks ago. Works fine

As this thread started 12 years ago, I think the original poster has probably sold the Yamaha and progressed to a beige Honda Civic.

Back
Top Bottom