GUESS WHO WON THE LANDROVER PULLING COMPETION .

Wizard said:
If it was badly enough discharged to have alarm issues, it's very likely fecked. Vehicle batteries aren't designed to cope with being fully discharged :(

These battereys are called Optima Gel , there designed to be flaterned and recharged constantly , one for accessories and one for starting , somehow the starter was totally flaterned :eek:

James Burton said:
These battereys are called Optima Gel , there designed to be flaterned and recharged constantly , one for accessories and one for starting , somehow the starter was totally flaterned :eek:

I can smell a warenty claim :thumb

Wizard said:
I can smell a warenty claim :thumb

Careful......... there will be some troll along in a minute
"bl***y Landrover never been d same since BMW had em.............My Mitsubishi blah blah blah!!!!!!! :headbat " Yawn

James Burton said:
These battereys are called Optima Gel , :

I can get those - if your replacing them, let me know the model number and i'll see what my man can get them for ;)

James Burton said:
The RAC shappie took the batterey out of the remote fob , replaced the same batterey and the alarm reset itself and the imobiliser turned of :eek:

Everytime the alarm is set a new code is used , the vehicle batterey was flaterned from the radio i think so alrm would not respond , when the fob was pressed it moved on to the next code in the sequence, after the vehicle batterey had been recharged and alarm was on the codes did not corespond so would not switch of and so the imobiliser was on , stopping fuel pump and engine managent from working , took him about 30 secs to do it , still enjoyed the tug in the field :D

If you don't understand , ask Kev . He was paying attention :eek:

James.....

The same thing can happen if the key fob gets pressed whilst away from the vehicle. Like you say the fob moves on to the next code but if pressed while not near the vehicle the imobiliser can get out of sync.... ;)

Nice to meet you by the way... :thumb

Bronco Billy said:
James.....

The same thing can happen if the key fob gets pressed whilst away from the vehicle. Like you say the fob moves on to the next code but if pressed while not near the vehicle the imobiliser can get out of sync.... ;)

Nice to meet you by the way... :thumb

Cheers mate ,i'll remember that :thumb

............. :beerjug: ................

Steptoe said:
I can get those - if your replacing them, let me know the model number and i'll see what my man can get them for ;)

I'll get the model number tomorrow and PM you , all i know at the minute is that the starter batterey is a red top and the aux/accesorie batterey is a yellow top :thumb

If not an Optima then an Exide Gel batterey are suppost to be slightly better . :bounce1

Cheers mate , i'll defenetly need them for the you know what run ;)

Had a 100ah gel battery in the back of the Navara all weekend :nenau

Back
Top Bottom