Paralever Register - Your PHOTOS please

Bought this recently through a friend, who's on this site, who knew the owner
My second Airhead after finding a decent R90S in Cumbria last December. But more of that anon...

Most of the painty bits have been redone but I never found out whether there was much done with engine, gearbox or FD. Nice clean bike though & rides well. For a 28 year old bike :rob
Brought it home, re-registered it & had the fluids changed & the carbs, valves, etc checked. It's now ready for a few weeks bimbling around France which will hopefully give me some better pictures
I bought a high mudguard & am waiting on the deflector / windscreen that you see on some of the GS's instead of that plastic barn door

Untitled by Jochen Riehn, on Flickr

Untitled by Jochen Riehn, on Flickr

It's not my garden so feck off about the weeds, the cracks, the cat....:p

that cat has the shadow of a dog :kitty

one of my first BMs was a red 800 like yours. it was only 2 years old but had over 100,000 dispatch riding miles on it when I brought it. still rode like new

I did a lot of miles of airheads before being lured by the 1150 Adventure, which I also did many miles on. It is way too heavy though, so the memories of the 100RS and 100CS were still strong. Everyone said the 750s and 800s were smoother than the 100s and just as easy to ride, so I kept my eyes out for one and bought this one from a member here. There is a high mudguard and single seat with extra rack, so I can swap for the mud plugger look. The single seat and rack I use, when I go fishing I load her up, but I won't be taking the shine off by going through any filth, thank you very much! It would take hours to restore the cleanliness.

Attachments

• DSC_7618.web.jpg
    DSC_7618.web.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 894
  • DSC_7594.web.jpg
    DSC_7594.web.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 891
20200305_122636.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking good Zissimo :beerjug:
d5be7c8a66dd1254788669dbf97b4d74.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted this elsewhere on the forum...Should have posted here...SOS...

=========================

Hi fellas,

I've had my R100GS over 20 years...I still love it...Not too into the new GS's with all the new technology...I prefer to be hands on as much as I can with repairs, mods and mechanics and feel a little out of my depth with the new ones...I'm oldschool I guess...

So, my GS started life as a purple monster with a purple seat (you know the one...Uggghhhh!...Altho I did meet Jay Kay years ago and he said he liked it so who's to say)...In 2005 I decided to get the 43lt tank from HPN but wanted to keep the fairing...I managed to make a simple bracket for the fairing which fits between the forks and frame...I cut the fairing to fit clear of the tank by 10mm all around...The shock is a 'Technoflex' shock which don't exist any more afaik...I stripped the bike at the time and enamelled the frame...I had it twin plugged by the guy who did the mod for Motobins 6 or 7 years ago (I forget his name)...I sent the heads to him...and then I fitted the coils and heads on return...Ignition is standard timing...Seat is from 'Touratech'...Hepco and becker boxes...Apart from the twin plug mod I kept the engine as standard for reliability...Since the pics I've fitted a higher screen...Oh yeah, I removed the oil cooler...I only travel europe and the earlier boxers seem to be fine without one so I took it off when I did the tank mod and it's been fine so far without it...You usually need to relocate it when you fit the HPN tank so was easier just to remove it...Also swapped the head covers for the old style...I made a strengthener bracket at the back for the panniers...Also cut the back light off and rear of the mudguard and replaced it for a generic motocross one (just for looks)...Got rid of the original low mudguard (but kept the bracket on) and replaced with a generic motocross one...Aftermarket crash bars and side stand removed as it fitted on the original bars...

Had to buy one of the aftermarket stainless back brake levers (£70...ouch!) as the original one had corroded so badly it was half the thickness it use to be...It was dangerously thin...

My brother bought the exact same motorcycle a couple years after me and did the HPN tank mod same as mine (he did keep the oil cooler and relocated it under the horn in the centre)...His has touratech boxes and is black but otherwise is the same other than the mudguard mods I did...He still has it and MOT'd this year...I Mot'd mine this year during lockdown...

Be nice to know if their are any old school R100GS folk near me...

jemholmes1965@tiscali.co.uk

Happy travels fellas!

Lewis (Jem)

0JN0MRi.jpg

uBDwgZZ.jpg
IiZyjP1.jpg
BmeqlG1.jpg
5p6UCak.jpg

K9FVNHW.jpg

And with my brothers GS...

tKzIUvh.jpg

Hi Lewis (Jem)
There are certainly a few old school gsers in your neck of the woods.
Chief among them probably MickDB1 who is an authority on airheads and a very good guy to boot (both knowledgeable and helpful!)
Pictured, I hope, is my (ex Belper Phil) R100GS which has benefitted from a Mikeyboy refresh.

Attachments

• 2A2295CD-3E95-43A1-8C54-BC311D2F67EA.jpeg
    2A2295CD-3E95-43A1-8C54-BC311D2F67EA.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 565
IMG_2058.jpg
Code:
I finished renovations, the base of the motorcycle was built by Fritz Witzel on a BMW motorrad (I bought it last year on UKGSer)

Recently bought off Billn of this forum. Needed the Nova and V55/5 processes done which took 4 weeks. Full brake overhaul. Tank, fuel and carb overhaul etc etc. This was its first UK test run to Inveraray and down to the ferry at Dunoon. Despite initial fuel spluttering it went well.

Newby.

Having owned four modern Boxers, and years ago an R80R in a fetching turquoise, with a white saddle, which I purchased from Slocombe’s Motorcycles (I think they no longer exist) I saw a beauty of a Bumble-Beemer in the showroom, which financially I couldn’t quite stretch to; the seed was sown, and I have always wanted one.

It was now or never; while I have just about the strength to manager the machine.

Very happy and wish I had done this sooner .. :thumby:

Attachments

• C96B4AD7-3EA8-41FE-8366-19EA9C2CBD4C.jpg
    C96B4AD7-3EA8-41FE-8366-19EA9C2CBD4C.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 418
Slocombe’s Motorcycles (I think they no longer exist)

You got me interested as they used to be my dealer in the 1990's. Sloc**ts they used to be called! However, I had no issues and enjoyed going there. Steve, the last workshop manager, is still an independent service guy in mid-Wales (near you?) (Motoscot https://www.motoscot.co.uk/About Us.htm). He's very good and knows his stuff; I'd use him if I lived nearer. I bought their first R1100GS demonstrator from them back in 1995 and put about 70k miles on it. It was black and yellow.

I looked on street view and Slocombes is still there, but currently their shop is called 'Omega' and seems to deal only in Yamaha. They got fed up with BMW GB years ago (like CW recently did).

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Very nice Cawteracing , how do you find those carbs, maybe you've already posted on them in airheads? Ill have a look. Nice too to see another using the enduro 3 sahara

Back
Top Bottom