Paralever Register - Your PHOTOS please

LOST MY WAY FOR A BIT BUT BACK NOW WITH A 1989 GS PD

Hi All,
Haven't been on the site much for a long while, lost my way for a bit went to a Yamaha xtz then a Honda Varadero plus emigrated to Australia finally came to my senses and bought a BMW GS PD from Cairns in northern Queensland and rode it the 2500km back home and loved every minute of it, I had forgotten how amazing they are, this for sure is a keeper.
Cheers Jim

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 846
99b0ac40341b43f9c5d9d54200520286.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well spotted Jim
The break disk and all the kit apart from the two pot calipers I got from Mat in Holland boxer Toko and then I decided to get a breaded hose to finish it off

It dose make a big difference but still not like a modern bike tho

I haven't done anything with the carbs and I'm happy with the way the bike responds but I'm still wondering if I should change the end can ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,
Haven't been on the site much for a long while, lost my way for a bit went to a Yamaha xtz then a Honda Varadero plus emigrated to Australia finally came to my senses and bought a BMW GS PD from Cairns in northern Queensland and rode it the 2500km back home and loved every minute of it, I had forgotten how amazing they are, this for sure is a keeper.
Cheers Jim

Blimey Jim! Nice to see you're still around. I must admit I'd assumed you'd fallen off the perch :beerjug:

Blimey Jim! Nice to see you're still around. I must admit I'd assumed you'd fallen off the perch :beerjug:

G/day (as they say down here) Rob,
Yep your right, only had one airhead in the uk (R80GS) loved it and still don't know why I sold it ? Then had loads of 1150 GS & GSA's
What with emigrating to Australia etc biking was not top of the list of things to do (buying a house etc seemed more important) but all settled now and loving it over here, some great biking roads plus 000's of km of dirt roads and amazing weather.
Let me know of any worthwhile modifications I should be thinking of doing etc.
Cheers jim

My 3rd R100Gs, recently imported from Germany by me, 35,000km and unused since 2004. Wanted a red one, price too good on this to ignore, now in love with the colour :D Came with original panniers but they stay at home unless needed.

Attachments

• R100Gs Beach Portrait 007e5000e.jpg
    R100Gs Beach Portrait 007e5000e.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 741
G/day (as they say down here) Rob,
Yep your right, only had one airhead in the uk (R80GS) loved it and still don't know why I sold it ? Then had loads of 1150 GS & GSA's
What with emigrating to Australia etc biking was not top of the list of things to do (buying a house etc seemed more important) but all settled now and loving it over here, some great biking roads plus 000's of km of dirt roads and amazing weather.
Let me know of any worthwhile modifications I should be thinking of doing etc.
Cheers jim

Welcome to the land of flies Jim:green gri

Worthwhile mods (IMO)
Upgrade the front brake to the 320mm disc and 4 pot caliper.
Upgrade rear shock.
Spotlights if you are out after dark.

This bloke is good to deal with - http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/motorall...TRK:MEFSXS:MESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

Some good info here - https://www.mmmsbmwboxerworks.com.au/

Ride heaps

Watch out for Skippys, Emus, Wombats, Echidnas, Cattle, Sheep, Brumbies, Utes, Road Trains, Aussie drivers etc....

Welcome to the land of flies Jim:green gri

Worthwhile mods (IMO)
Upgrade the front brake to the 320mm disc and 4 pot caliper.
Upgrade rear shock.
Spotlights if you are out after dark.

This bloke is good to deal with - http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/motorall...TRK:MEFSXS:MESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

Some good info here - https://www.mmmsbmwboxerworks.com.au/

Ride heaps

Watch out for Skippys, Emus, Wombats, Echidnas, Cattle, Sheep, Brumbies, Utes, Road Trains, Aussie drivers etc....

Hi Mate,
i can put up with the odd fly,skippy.emus etc etc BUT I do struggle with some of the Aussie drivers (not too bike aware are they or anything else really:blast )
Thanks for the links very helpful and the upgrades you mention are top of my list.
I have been down to Albury once to buy a jet ski (now sold got bored) then went through it on my way to Melbourne to buy a ski boat (still got that) If you are ever up this way get in touch for a beer and a chat.
Cheers Jim

Back
Top Bottom