Spares,Set up and Parts Availability

Replacement indicators - use the bendy indicators off the 650XChallenge. Perfect fit, and no reprogramming of canbus required.

Fork Springs

I have changed the front fork springs from Std to Wilbers , wilbers are a progressive spring and i find the front end Good
I would have to say there is not a lot of difference but off road you are less likely to Bottom out

I have gone to a Wilbers rear unit and it is quite stiff by comparison with the std air shock , no doubt the Std shock is much plusher

HPN tank installed

Finally installed the HPN tank on my HP2 today. There were no bits left over so I hope I got it right. It took a bit longer than I thought due to a small fit problem. The bracket on the electronics module stuck into the tank so I could not slide it forward enough. Sorted it out with my dremel and a file. No fuel in it as yet so it will have to wait till tomorrow to see if it leaks:) A really good way to keep it easy fitting the tank up is to use two elastics to hold the fuel pipes to the frame so you don't need 4 arms... No swearing needed.

Looking forward to a long ride!

Carefull with fuel line QA couplings (tank refit)

Filled the tank and it works fine. On first inspection I had a weeping fuel line around one of the quick action couplings. It turned out to be a couple of very fine threads from my cleaning rag over the o ring. No problem..:thumb2

These fuel line QA couplings are very easy to damage if the latching pin on the female connector gets touched before coupling. Make sure the latch is open/compressed before recoupling.

All the photos of the tank I had seen on the bike with HPN tank seemed kind of odd looking but in real life it looks very cool. The feel of the bike with 10 litres of fuel on board is the same as with the stock tank. :thumb2:thumb2

HP2 STEERING HEAD BEARINGS

If any one needs to replace their steering head bearings top and bottom bearings are identicle the bearing number is 4T 320/28X

Problem:
Aluminium sidestand mounting plate bends, side stand switch won't work anymore, and bike can fall over.

Solution:
New steel mounting plate, OEM BMW, got mine under warrenty.

405453352_54tk5-M.jpg

405453389_nENVV-M.jpg

405453448_8jkyy-M.jpg

motor oil

on the question of motor oil and gear oil red line, ams oil, are true race oils and cant be beat. talk to tech guys at both and make up your own mind. i use ams motor oil and the red line gear box oil it realy is good stuff ihave used it in all my BMs for many years.both have importers in uk

Clutch reservoir retro-fit?

Crashed recently, destroyed the cap and lost the innards of the clutch reservoir (the little rubber sock and plastic holder bit)

Has anyone performed a retro-fit of a universal reservoir to the OEM hand control? I'm about to attempt - looking for any input.

MAV best oil AMS oil for V twins 20/50 or Red Line race 20/50 not found anything better

Hi Timmy, if you have no joy on ebay I will be interested in some of your bits.
:thumb

Back
Top Bottom