Spares,Set up and Parts Availability

Vern

Toy maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
This thread is for anyone,that has some useful information on the HP2.

It can be anything from spare parts,to tuning,to suspension or modifications of any kind.

We'll see how this goes for a while,and then see if we can improve it in any way.

Tyre Sizes

Rear 140/80-17
Front 90/90-21

...and thanks to Karlz, these guys www.moto-tyres.co.uk can supply Metzeler Unicross direct to your door in 3 days. I've used them twice now and their delivery service is superb.

Rubber Gaiter

Gentlemen, just a quickquestion here.... the forward portion of my rearmost rubber gaiter keeps on popping of after some aggresive off road riding (well, not as aggressive as those in them BMW HP2 Erzberg vids)... IS THIS NORMAL?

HP2 Left "Clutch Side" Handle Bar Grip - Problem & Fix

PROBLEM
the handle bars on the HP2 is Alloy from Magura, the grip is held on with 2 x Torx tapered screws, with use they come loose and cannot be tightened. either try and get a new set of bars "Expensive' or suffer the left bar rotating in you hands with Twin trottle syndrome

MY FIX
The inside Dia of the Bars is 13.8 mm,
get a piece of steel bar/rod about 13.5mm x about 30 mm long ,
Drill the "insert bar" offset about 10 mm from the end,with a 4mm tapped hole.
buy 2 x M4 x 16mm Tapered screws in steel with Allen screw head
you now need to drill a hole in the centre/Dia of the rod that you can affix an old spoke, with the spoke attached to the hole you can now feed the bar insert inside the handle bars and attach the new tapered screws through Grip - Handle Bar - steel insert
tighten every thing up and you now have a firm clutch side grip

I have photos of my set up where can i send them and link to this post for future us ?

total items for kit
1 x insert for Bar 30mm long tapped with 4mm holes and insert holder
2 x M4 screws
1 x Insert holder

Just a little wind screen or something

Is there a small screen I could bolt on the front just to take the driving spray off the GPS and road book holder thing?

Wunderlich screen

http://www.bmwsantacruz.com/

DSC01790.jpg

DSC02246.jpg

DSC02235.jpg

that looks just the ticket, thanks old bean am now doing one (translation going to pub)

HP2 Throttle Cable - not the same as GS1200

from twist Grip to Splitter Box - dont make the assumption as i did and think it is the same as the STD 1200gs , it is not maybe 100mm longer
my throttle got heavy and when i pulled it apart the Cable was Frayed near the top

This thread is for anyone,that has some useful information on the HP2.

It can be anything from spare parts,to tuning,to suspension or modifications of any kind.

We'll see how this goes for a while,and then see if we can improve it in any way.

Hi try to macke most of my mods my self

Attachments

• Pichtures Aprill 07 003.jpg
    Pichtures Aprill 07 003.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,759
  • HP 2 brembo.jpg
    HP 2 brembo.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,767
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 2,710

Attachments

• DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,732
  • DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,693
  • DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00020.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,717
  • DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2,714
Oil

I have done a few searches and could not find anything on what type of oil would be BMW stick in the motor after the 600 mile service :nenau Need to topup mine as it is just above the min mark in the sight glass. Any recommendations :beerjug:

Interested in the oil people are using also, just had the megamoto in for it's first service and they have put 10-40 in.... although they from next year they will be using 20-50!

I have done a few searches and could not find anything on what type of oil would be BMW stick in the motor after the 600 mile service :nenau Need to topup mine as it is just above the min mark in the sight glass. Any recommendations :beerjug:
What've you got ?

That'll do.

Back
Top Bottom