1150 ABS Reset ?

Dennis

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've searched the forum and found reset details, but they seem to refer to (i guess) to the 1100. Can anyone help with resetting on an 1150 ? The dianostic plug has 6 wires red, yellow, blue + 3 browns.

I've just fitted a new front sensor (all carefully gapped as per manual) but the ABS is still sensing a fault.

Ground the Brown and Blue wire on the circular multipole connection under the front seat (the one clipped to the airbox).

Here's the procedure:-
1. Ignition off, ground the Brown wire with the blue stripe (Keep it grounded)

2. Turn the ignition on, and hold in the ABS button for about 1 minute.

3. After releasing the button, turn the ignition off.

4. Remove the earth link and turn the ignition back on.
Now you should have two ABS lights flashing together, instead of the two alternately flashing.

1150 GS ABS reset

Here's a slightly more extensive procedure I found.
I've done it like this and it worked. So I think 1 minute is overdoing it a bit :)

1) Turn ignition off.
2) Remove the seat.
3) Locate the diagnostics plug behind the battery.
(It's for diagnostics so is not connected to anything).
4) Connect an end of wire to the brown/blue wire pin .
5) Clip the other end firmly to ground.
6) Turn ignition on. Note that the two ABS lights continue flashing alternately.
7) Hold ABS button down for 8 seconds.
The bottom ABS light should stay on, the top one off.
Release the ABS button.
8) If the reset is successful, both ABS lights come on.

If you didn't count to 8 or your ground is not good, then the top ABS light stays off. Start again and/or try pressing the ABS button before turning ignition on.

Once again, Thanks guys, It's just so easy when you know how. I just wonder how much those robbing b'tds at the main dealers charge for the service?:beerjug:

Once again, Thanks guys, It's just so easy when you know how. I just wonder how much those robbing b'tds at the main dealers charge for the service?:beerjug:

yup cant agree more found this thread apply'd the above and bingo jod done:thumb

thanks guys

chad.

Back
Top Bottom