Llangollen 2007 Off Road Ride

OK, it's Saturday 5th May and that's final.

OK Folks, it looks like the Saturday 5th is favourite so I'll set it in stone.
I need to do a recce closer to the date to make sure the route is ok for the larger machines.
I will post details of the rendez-vous point and departure times, etc, soon.
Timpo.

In a nutshell...

Presumably they'll ALL be GSs?

I can't make rules as to what folk turn up riding, I will plan a route for folk wanting to ride green lanes, and I am expecting GS's of the largest type to attend so I am catering for this.
I will be riding an XR600, so they ALL won't be GS's.
I will not be leading a dangerous ride. No lanes will be used where there is technical sections or bogs. Stone tracks, some mud and one or two shallow rutted routes but nothing too dodgy.
As usual, nobody will get left behind. I will have a Land Rover available to recover any machinery back to Llangollen if need be.
I hope this is to all attendees taste. If not, tell me about it.:nenau
Regards.
Timpo.

No lanes will be used where there is technical sections or bogs. Stone tracks, some mud and one or two shallow rutted routes but nothing too dodgy.

Sounds good, better go and introduce the new bike to some mud next week in preparation for this and Lands End.

How's the route coming on Timpo some photos to tease us would be good :D

Ride out aftermaths

How's the route coming on Timpo some photos to tease us would be good :D

Forry, there are pics on here in the 'ride out aftermaths' section.
The recces have been good lately, all but one byway, where we are trying to get the council to open. It's a belter but storms brought a tree down across it in Feb and the top part of the route is fenced off, but I have had a promise from the County Council that it will be open by the start of May........so look out.
It's been very dry out this way so we can try some usually 'no go for big bikes' type lanes and get the mileage up. Even some tricky ones but going down instead of up can be tried.
I've still not decided where to stay that weekend, is the Hand Hotel full now? My mate has a farm 3 miles out from Llangollen that I can camp on but it makes getting back from Llan tricky after a few sherberts.:beer:
It's not too far off now either!!!!!:thumb
Timpo.

I've still not decided where to stay that weekend, is the Hand Hotel full now? My mate has a farm 3 miles out from Llangollen that I can camp on but it makes getting back from Llan tricky after a few sherberts.:beer:
Timpo.

Hi Timpo,
i phoned the hand Hotel today and they said they only had Twin rooms available at £70/night. (Okay if you have someone to share with).

Will this run be reasonably doable on Tourances ?

Cheers, Piggers

Forry, there are pics on here in the 'ride out aftermaths' section.
The recces have been good lately, all but one byway, where we are trying to get the council to open. It's a belter but storms brought a tree down across it in Feb and the top part of the route is fenced off, but I have had a promise from the County Council that it will be open by the start of May........so look out.
It's been very dry out this way so we can try some usually 'no go for big bikes' type lanes and get the mileage up. Even some tricky ones but going down instead of up can be tried.
Timpo.

Sounds good Timpo get yourself down to the campsite just outside Llangollen where we're all staying you'll have a good time and be made most welcome:thumb2

Will this run be reasonably doable on Tourances ?

Erm....... Wales is not very flat, and it can take time to dry out if it has rained recently.
Although not impossible, it would be a very tricky day on these type of tyres. So, I won't say no but I'd be very cautious.:nenau
The weather will make a huge difference so we will have to wait and see.
Sorry to be a little vague.
Timpo.

Erm....... Wales is not very flat, and it can take time to dry out if it has rained recently.
Although not impossible, it would be a very tricky day on these type of tyres. So, I won't say no but I'd be very cautious.:nenau
The weather will make a huge difference so we will have to wait and see.
Sorry to be a little vague.
Timpo.

Cheers Timpo,

I'll see how dry it is on the day (or has been the week prior) and make a up my mind on the day.

(Must get some knobblies :rolleyes: )

Piggers

I was doing it Johnny but I only get back from Morocco on the 4th so I will ask Timpo in case I have any problems getting there in time.
Been thinking about Trip to Morroco
Just seen your Vid
Now stopped thinking started planning
excellent
cheers

Happened to be passing

Hope the weather is as good next weekend.

It is glorious out there so I thought you would like a little taste.

I don't know if all the lanes Timpo :green gri has in mind will be so easy though:augie

Attachments

• A Llani.jpg
    A Llani.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 156
!!!

Hope the weather is as good.
I don't know if all the lanes Timpo :green gri has in mind will be so easy though.

The route will not be decided until the morning of, as weather will be the main factor of change.
I'm sure it will be right!
Timpo.

If the G/F can't make it on the Saturday , I'd like to come instead of the road ride. Saves me cleaning the bike for another week.:D
Mark

Back
Top Bottom