Steptoe CCP Mod

Cheers roddy,
I know where it is on the Adventure site. I just thought it'd be good to have a permanent difinitive post on the subject here.

I've had a couple of folk at Newlands Corner & Box Hill ask me about my set up of pipe on my machine. I'd like to direct them here and say there's a post on the mod in order for them to A) see a good thread on the subject & B) see this site and realise that it's good enough to pay the sub & join.

Procedure?

Hi Neil, or anyone else who's done this mod. Can you confirm that the following is the correct procedure please?

1) ignition off
2) insert jumper wire (30-87a in my case)

Take fuse 5 out???

3) ignition on
4) Twist throttle full open/shut couple of times to calibrate tps
5) start engine.

I see the jumper lead is in a different position to the connectors on the relay... is that correct?

ONLY JOKING ABOUT THE LAST BIT!!!!

Hi Neil, or anyone else who's done this mod. Can you confirm that the following is the correct procedure please?

Take fuse 5 out???

3) ignition on
4) Twist throttle full open/shut couple of times to calibrate tps
5) start engine.

There is no need to remove fuse 5 or calibrate the TPS. No need at all.

And just for those who want pictures too..................

Attachments

• Steptoe link.jpg
    Steptoe link.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,003
I have done the mod as suggested in the chart for open cans, no cat and have connected 30 +87a with a link. First impressions no real difference low down, a little smoother mid range and definitely more at the top end. Generally a little crisper all round. I am running on shells Super duper Unleaded (can't remember what its called) that in itself made it run a lttle crisper than the usual BP Super unleaded I use locally. I will keep an eye on consumption next.

Bike specs: 2002 GSA 1150, Standard air filter, no cat, 2 into 2 exhaust with equal length pipes and Scorpion (removable baffle) cans, baffles in, but modified. Found it likes to have back pressure.

I have done the mod as suggested in the chart for open cans, no cat and have connected 30 +87a with a link.

just want to point out that, that chart relates to the BB Power Chip & may, or may not have any relevance to the OEM BMW item.

I have done the mod as suggested in the chart for open cans, no cat and have connected 30 +87a with a link. .

just want to point out that, that chart relates to the BB Power Chip & may, or may not have any relevance to the OEM BMW item.

Spot on cookie , my suggested link was never intended as a copy of the BB chart, which as you say, is only relevent if using one their "chips".

So don't confuse my suggested link as anything to do with the BB chart.

I have modded my 2001 GS with y-piece, K&N and ECU remapped and found things cleaner through the rev range with less potential to pink when using std unleaded.

I thought i would pass on the news to my collegue who has a Rockster with Remus can and y-piece but when we tried the mod it would not rev cleanly past 2500. The Rockster had no ccp inserted when we did the mod.

any thoughts?

any thoughts?

Not really, it's not a major change - it shouldn't make that much difference. It's only just noticable from bike bike, wether good or bad affect :nenau

But obviously, your friends bike is one of those it doesn't work on - as i've always said, try it and see, if it works fine, if it doesn't, then go back to what was fitted.

It's not the Holy Grail, but it costs zilch to try, so you've nothing to lose .

fair enough ... he was happy with how things were b4 but always wants more power to keep up with me on my GS...... keep telling him its nothing to do with power.... ;) ECU remap was done by a mate to get more torque and clean up the 4k surge on the revs. good job done!!!

he thinks its the power difference but if that what he wants to think its his choice ;)

I have had a chance to do a few miles since doing the mod. My opinion is that it has definitely picked up a bit everywhere, it doesn't vibrate as much at the 75-90 MPH range. It is happy to rev harder. Definitely worth a go.
I was riding it with the choke/high idle on unintentionally yesterday :blast and noticed it felt livelier still. I had assumed that the lever was simply a high idle for when it was cold and that the injection map would adjust itself to suit temperature. Does it also enrichen the fuelling, even when the engine is warm? If so, it would indicate that it would like some more fuel still.

how to ccp mod

I know this is going to sound strange but have tried a serch for the steptoe ccp mod and nothing has come up.

How does one do this mod and is there a step by step idiots guide for it?

Mick

Going to have to sort lights out first but then will try it as steptoe says

I have had a chance to do a few miles since doing the mod. My opinion is that it has definitely picked up a bit everywhere, it doesn't vibrate as much at the 75-90 MPH range. It is happy to rev harder. Definitely worth a go.
I was riding it with the choke/high idle on unintentionally yesterday :blast and noticed it felt livelier still. I had assumed that the lever was simply a high idle for when it was cold and that the injection map would adjust itself to suit temperature. Does it also enrichen the fuelling, even when the engine is warm? If so, it would indicate that it would like some more fuel still.

I don't know about airheads but on the 1150's it's purely a fast idle control.....no fuelling difference.

Hi, sorry to resurrect a long closed thread but am a tad confused and would appreciate other peps advice on this one. My '04 1150 gsa has the standard cat and exhaust system but came with no CCP relay or jumper fitted. It's 3rd hand and the bloke I bought it from doesn't know anything about it. He just rode it.

I've reset the Motronic using the suggestions on here which has definitely caused it to run smoother but wondered if it's supposed to have a jumper fitted for this configuration.

I'm planning to try it as an experiment but wondered if anyone with this model could tell me whether they were supposed to have one as part of their factory fit out and whether, in theory, a jumper is the correct configuration for this set up.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry to resurrect a long closed thread but am a tad confused and would appreciate other peps advice on this one. My '04 1150 gsa has the standard cat and exhaust system but came with no CCP relay or jumper fitted. It's 3rd hand and the bloke I bought it from doesn't know anything about it. He just rode it.

I've reset the Motronic using the suggestions on here which has definitely caused it to run smoother but wondered if it's supposed to have a jumper fitted for this configuration.

I'm planning to try it as an experiment but wondered if anyone with this model could tell me whether they were supposed to have one as part of their factory fit out and whether, in theory, a jumper is the correct configuration for this set up.

Thanks.

Try it and see. There is no standard CCP relay, some had it fitted from the factory and some didn't, every bike is different .

Resurrecting a long gone thread (sorry) My 2002 Single Spark, with Cat and Standard pipe has a Yellow plug fitted. I tried it without the plug in as an exercise and it felt to run smoother and more "low down" pull.
Is it safe to run without the plug in and just an empty socket ?
And does anyone know what removing the plug has actually done to the settings of the bike ?
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom