The annual Billy No Mates Tour

Excellent work Andy. You've excelled yourself, although it looks like you've melted your KK fire base! ;)

Andy. We'll be in Gizycko tomorrow afternoon for the day. Having a look around the old German bunkers. Leaving on Tuesday. You are welcome when in area to pop in.

It is sent from my phone. So fucking what?

Thanks but if I can drag myself up and get going fairly sharpish in the morning I'm looking at going south through Poland to Slovakia then cut back west to the Hook on Thursday night when my ferry is booked. If I don’t get up and away before 9am it’ll be straight through to the Cz Rep than any route leading west.

I used the motorway from Warsaw to Berlin last year and it was just dull so I’d sooner drop down when staying up north near the Baltic is great but eventually you end up near Hamburg and motorway hell.

If it all falls apart I’ll send you a text because Gizycko is about 3-4 hours from Druskininkai where I’m currently holed up drinking cheap beer on a campsite 🍺

If you fancy the top route, keep north of Hamburg and cross the Elbe on the ferry at Gluckstadt, then below Bremerhaven and work your way across to the A7 and A6 down to The Hook.

The cross country bit is quite plesant, and the A7/6 usually quiet.

If you do get the ferry, and find a queue, just ride to the front as they find little spaces for bikes.

Right then, it’s been an eventful day and I’d like to think I made 2 people very happy.

I got nicked for speeding. Not just any old speeding ticket but the full on, you’re so far over the limit we’re taking your licence and we’ll post it back in 3 months and until then you’re not riding any further in Latvia 😲

Basically they got me bang to rights, I missed a 70kph sign and just carried on at about 100kph until I saw the cops, thought what the fuck do they want and looked at my satnav to see 43mph limit!

They immediately took my licence and passport, told me I was fucked and got me to use google translate to check their book of speeding penalties and I was due a €420 fine and an immediate 3 month ban, no negotiations allowed. I put on my best I’m very sorry, I missed the sign, can’t I just have a fine approach and they said no, I could go to a cash point, get the money and I wouldn’t be banged up until tomorrow but I was still banned.

At this point I started to get worried but set off for a cash point thinking should I just fuck off and when I got to the Hook (assuming I escaped Latvia) claim I’d lost my passport. It’s a dead cert they’d have chased me for a bigger fine when I got home so I got the cash and returned, still trying to look remorseful and grovelling a lot.

The two cops then claimed that they didn’t want to ban me but technically they had to make me ride to the cop shop, leave the bike until I could get it home by courier.

I made yet another appeal for clemency and they finally did what all good cops should do and said they’d ‘fine’ me with no receipt but I had to leave the country immediately. Too right I’ll go, it was about 10 miles to the Lithuanian border and we settled on €200 in nice new notes. I’d have paid €500 if they’d asked but they obviously thought they were cleaning me out because I claimed the ATM had a €200 limit.

Am I bothered? Not really, it cost me about half what I paid for a new radiator on the 1190 last year and I lost about 45 minutes. I’d been taking the piss out of speed limits since I left home and I carried on afterwards so I hope they spend the money wisely and snort coke off hookers tits with it the pair of twats 😀.

Apart from that it’s been an alright day, I’m in a bum hole place called Druskininkai where a double Stoli costs €1.30 and last time I had a session on that I ended up snorting it up my nose.

And now the obligatory food and drink photo.

€6.80 for the salmon, fries and salad seemed quite reasonable.
9e13be33474c848e607ea443006d54a2.jpg

It’s not that funny!

Actually it is and I’d take the piss big time if it was someone else got nicked.

I should have mentioned that my trip pales into insignificance compared to a guy I sat and chatted with while drinking a can of coke at a petrol station in Lithuania.

He cycling from Tallinn to Armenia, camping every night and is going the long way round because he hates Russians and Putin in particular. He tried to get me to stop way back from where I was aiming for because he’d be arriving there at about 7pm and we could get pissed together. I had my selfish head on and said no but on reflection I was a c*nt and should have done it because I’d still have had plenty of time to do whatever I want.

If you fancy the top route, keep north of Hamburg and cross the Elbe on the ferry at Gluckstadt, then below Bremerhaven and work your way across to the A7 and A6 down to The Hook.

The cross country bit is quite plesant, and the A7/6 usually quiet.

If you do get the ferry, and find a queue, just ride to the front as they find little spaces for bikes.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at that in the morning.

I still wish it hadn’t clashed with Dartmoor because I know I’d have had a laugh down there.

Keep in mind that I do this shit for your amusement as much as my own ��

You are a true gent! :D

At least someone appreciates my efforts.

Mrs B agreed that me doing a runner without my licence and passport would not be good when you consider we’re flying to Menorca on Saturday. In fact she got quite vocal about it and said I’d have been dead if I’d pulled that stunt 😀

At least someone appreciates my efforts.

Mrs B agreed that me doing a runner without my licence and passport would not be good when you consider we’re flying to Menorca on Saturday. In fact she got quite vocal about it and said I’d have been dead if I’d pulled that stunt ��

You would get a lot of idiot points for being on the Interpol wanted list, homeless and facing divorce proceedings as a result of motorcycling

I just checked the stats on my watch and my heartbeat topped out at 167bpm today. I wonder when that was?

It’s still not as funny as when she phoned me and asked where I was on the infamous Alps trip and I told her I was at a police station where they’d taken my licence while I was on her FZ1 😀

Thanks, I’ll have a look at that in the morning.

May sound obvious but it was €5.50 to cross in June not the €3.50 advertised and no cards. I got caught out by that. Anyhow I’m enjoying your journal and admire the ‘whatever’ approach, keep up the photos of beer.

Right then, it’s been an eventful day and I’d like to think I made 2 people very happy.

I got nicked for speeding. Not just any old speeding ticket but the full on, you’re so far over the limit we’re taking your licence and we’ll post it back in 3 months and until then you’re not riding any further in Latvia 😲

Basically they got me bang to rights, I missed a 70kph sign and just carried on at about 100kph until I saw the cops, thought what the fuck do they want and looked at my satnav to see 43mph limit!

They immediately took my licence and passport, told me I was fucked and got me to use google translate to check their book of speeding penalties and I was due a €420 fine and an immediate 3 month ban, no negotiations allowed. I put on my best I’m very sorry, I missed the sign, can’t I just have a fine approach and they said no, I could go to a cash point, get the money and I wouldn’t be banged up until tomorrow but I was still banned.

At this point I started to get worried but set off for a cash point thinking should I just fuck off and when I got to the Hook (assuming I escaped Latvia) claim I’d lost my passport. It’s a dead cert they’d have chased me for a bigger fine when I got home so I got the cash and returned, still trying to look remorseful and grovelling a lot.

The two cops then claimed that they didn’t want to ban me but technically they had to make me ride to the cop shop, leave the bike until I could get it home by courier.

I made yet another appeal for clemency and they finally did what all good cops should do and said they’d ‘fine’ me with no receipt but I had to leave the country immediately. Too right I’ll go, it was about 10 miles to the Lithuanian border and we settled on €200 in nice new notes. I’d have paid €500 if they’d asked but they obviously thought they were cleaning me out because I claimed the ATM had a €200 limit.

Am I bothered? Not really, it cost me about half what I paid for a new radiator on the 1190 last year and I lost about 45 minutes. I’d been taking the piss out of speed limits since I left home and I carried on afterwards so I hope they spend the money wisely and snort coke off hookers tits with it the pair of twats 😀.

Apart from that it’s been an alright day, I’m in a bum hole place called Druskininkai where a double Stoli costs €1.30 and last time I had a session on that I ended up snorting it up my nose.

Well one good point, no corruption of a Police officer for you, they made the offer, and you could not have known if it was a law acceptable in their country.........;) lucky bugger.

Back
Top Bottom