Paddys go on Tour August 2018

Exciting!

Me & Crunch are dropping our own bikes to Overlanders Aug 21st for shipping to Malaga Aug 31st. We've booked Aer Lingus for our flights... Hope the Ryan Air situation doesn't impact your trip.

This time next week

What, you're still here ? Jeez.... :blast

Just be careful of the temps & stay hydrated. We're not used to the the heat the continent is experiencing and it's easy to forget to drink enough. Water that is, not beer :rob

But most of all have a great time :thumb

What, you're still here ? Jeez.... :blast

Just be careful of the temps & stay hydrated. We're not used to the the heat the continent is experiencing and it's easy to forget to drink enough. Water that is, not beer :rob

But most of all have a great time :thumb

Tell me about it - feels like the longest wait in the world! :rolleyes:

Have been watching the weather in some of the places we're heading and it looks as if the extreme heat will have eased off a little by then. We shall wait and see. Good advice re hydration...water during the day, beer during the night! :p

Dropped the bikes to Overlanders today along with all the biking gear as well. So, depending on Ryanair, it'll be two weeks ona bike in Europe or two weeks without a bike in Ireland.

Hope I'm not jinxing it...but just one more sleep to go. Actually, maybe no more sleeps as I don't think I'll kip for even a single second tonight. Last time I was like this I was about 7 years old and Santa was delivering my first ever bicycle the next morning. :banana:thumb2 :p

Well, got home last night after what can only be described as an epic trip. We got laughs, twisties, scenery, hairpins, giggles, weissbier, pizza, schnitzel, snow, rain, sunshine, heat, cold all aplenty. Here are some teaser pics for now, but give me a few days and I'll put together a proper ride report....

Attachments

• IMG_20180829_103710.jpg
    IMG_20180829_103710.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20180824_113513.jpg
    IMG_20180824_113513.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_20180828_192955.jpg
    IMG_20180828_192955.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20180818_121221.jpg
    IMG_20180818_121221.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 275
Looks great........

Now comes the separation anxiety (bike)

Sent from a U11

Looks great........

Now comes the separation anxiety (bike)

Sent from a U11

TBH, the trip exceeded any expectations I had. As the young folk would say...Totes Amazeballs!

As for the bike, I dropped it off in Memmingen on Friday, and it's back in Gorey on Monday. Gives me time enough to collect it before heading to Leenane on Friday! :thumb2

TBH, the trip exceeded any expectations I had. As the young folk would say...Totes Amazeballs!

As for the bike, I dropped it off in Memmingen on Friday, and it's back in Gorey on Monday. Gives me time enough to collect it before heading to Leenane on Friday! :thumb2
Brilliant, you timed it perfectly.

The two times I've sent the bike with them it's been around 10 days to get the bike back........obviously it is down to when you fly home.

Sent from a U11

Have started a blog on the trip - easier than doing a multi post ride report (I hope!) :p

So what did I learn?

Spend your money on touring on your bike, not on blingy bits for your bike. Way better return on investment!
Some days will be tougher going than others, enjoy them anyway - you're on holidays after all.
When things go a wee bit wrong, don't fret it, these are the bits that you will laugh about later.
The Dolomites are just stunning. Visit them at least once before you kick the bucket. Same goes for the Grossglocker Pass.
Bring chamois cream - it makes long days riding in the heat way more comfortable.

When a wasp stings you in the face at about 50mph, keep the bike upright, pull in to the side of the road and gently pluck out the sting he's left buried in your nose, scream and shout a bit :mad:, then merrily continue on your way. :cool: Last bit is probably the hardest! (DAMHIK)

More to follow.... :p

Hatcho, good man , kept popping in for a look and nowt happening, as the young uns say “ Finally “ :D:beerjug:

Spot on in post 73

Last edited:
Hatcho, good man , kept popping in for a look and nowt happening, as the young uns say “ Finally “ :D:beerjug:

Spot on in post 73

Yeah - didn't have time to update the thread during the trip - we we're always doing something or going somewhere! Apologies for the quietness of the thread...:rolleyes::thumb2

Back
Top Bottom