adventure bike warehouse

Does he use zip ties as first aid to stem the blood flow?
I'm starting to get worried !

hi

meant to say is anyone else interested ?
His group sessions are up to 4 only and theirs only me so far !

What dates are you looking at? I'd be up for a day's off road training.

I did his day about 16 months ago. Like you, I had NO offroad expereince, but many hundreds of thousands of on road experience, so I was well stuck in my ways with a road riding brain. The day started on what I would call an easy gravel track and slowly increased in difficulty with specific 'obstacles' and how to deal with them, then practise laps of those obstacles...then after lunch was putting it into practise with actual lanes.....trouble is, even though it isn't far from me I have forgotten entirely how to get to those little lanes again, so have done no more about going off road on my own bike...until yesterday! I found a small lane half a mile from home, I didn't know I could ride down it and back up again. But I did....see my other post.

As for the day with Gaz, by the afternoon I was actually quite confident at being able to deal with the route he took us on. I just can't remember any of the techniques he taught us...it was too long ago. I could do with a set of course notes to take home afterwards to sit and read...just bullet points.
Going downhill offroad we did. I managed it well I thought, but I have no memory of how to tackle that now. I can't remember any of it. If there were some notes with just the outline basics to remind peole it would be good. Same with the ruts we did - I did them, but I can't remember any of the detail Gaz gave us of what to think about before charging into a rut.

I would say Gaz is well worth going with, he does explain things well. It is just my memory problems that I suffer with - not just his stuff I can't remember. I have to write everything down now.

Thanks for the full and frank reply
P S your not the only one with memory problems

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I spoke to Gaz at ABW and they are getting some new bikes and starting off road training again.
Price is £189 for the day including the bike which I think will be 250 Hondas.

Double check as when I spoke to Gaz in February this was not the case.
It is a great day and worth doing. He will do big bike green lane training with your own bike :thumby:

I will phone again he said he was getting new bikes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1. Gary is a good guy an will adapt to your skill (or lack thereof).
2. The Peak District is great for this if you know where to go (Gary does)
3. You will fall off (unless you're an off-road god like me)
4. Off-road on your cherished 1200 is a dumb idea (see 3 above)

Back
Top Bottom