Utter Crap

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seven of us rode to Ypres last weekend to lay wreaths at the Menin Gate.
First time I've really rode through hard persistent rain in the dark, on the bike. Half an hour into it, the right spot light packed up. Then an hour later the left.
:mad:
Shite

Attachments

• 20171111_111433.jpg
    20171111_111433.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 1,412
That's why I also have Hex EzCan and two 18w Cree LED auxiliary lights

These lights cost £19.99 per pair and lasted through two winters so far

What's that crappy cover on it, might have caused them to overheat?

What's that crappy cover on it, might have caused them to overheat?

don't talk such rubbish man.

It was near freezing. The guards Do not interfere with the airflow. they are running down the sides.

They will be changed under warranty but how long will the next pair last ?

BMW never designed them to run through hard persistent freezing rain, in the dark. They probably thought 'fuck this' and de-commissioned themselves.

Everyone knows they are only for 'show'

Get a proper set from Amazon for £19.99

Ha ha
To be honest, I never use them. so Im not that bothered. I deliberately dont use them as i feel like a Ewan wannabe and his mate thingy riding to tecos or costa.
Still rubbish though !

don't talk such rubbish man.

It was near freezing. The guards Do not interfere with the airflow. they are running down the sides.

They will be changed under warranty but how long will the next pair last ?

They're great for the run to Tescos, which is, in reality where most of them end up.

Despite all the rugged looks, they're clearly aint that rugged

Seven of us rode to Ypres last weekend to lay wreaths at the Menin Gate.

First time I've really rode through hard persistent rain in the dark, on the bike.

Half an hour into it, the right spot light packed up.

Then an hour later the left.
:mad:

Shite

Yeah...........but how was the rest of the bike?

Would it be a straight swap for the led spots or would they draw too much current and trip the cambus

Would it be a straight swap for the led spots or would they draw too much current and trip the cambus

I wondered that ?
But you can bet ya bottom dollar ill be getting these rubbish ones back.
They're only for show though ........

i hardly used these when i had my 2014 GSA, then when i did do they wouldn't turn on. one of them was half full of water. BMW said i had been washing the bike too much and water had ingressed!!! WTF.......after i Had calmed down , one of the techs their told me they were not waterproof ! both were replaced and one of them packed up after another 5 months they are shite items and not worth the £400 odd quid they cost

"not waterproof"........that's like putting an ashtray on a motorbike or making a teapot out of chocolate

I'll get my coat.

Sent from a U11

I had numerous issues with those little pieces of shite. I don't use them but it gets switched on in less than ideal conditions which helps being seen and seeing stuff in the dark. Constant rain when we were out for a bimble in the Tarn Gorges claimed a light.

First of all, the male plug has exposed wires at the back of it. This allows for water to penetrate to the pins causing an interruption of the electron flow.
Secondly, because of the above you have to be careful when using a pressure washer or blow drier.
Thirdly, if the above cannot be avoided then you have to dry the plug out by inserting a pin or watchmaker flat bladed screwdriver from the front to depress the tab and pull the plug off. It would be advisable that at this stage you apply some waterproofness of your own like a waxy grease or DC4 to the rear of the plug.

Mine packed up in heavy rain too..... and the horn! Thought it was an 'Adventure' bike I asked!

Changed under warranty but still a day I'll never get back to get it sorted!!

BMW never designed them to run through hard persistent freezing rain, in the dark. They probably thought 'fuck this' and de-commissioned themselves.

Everyone knows they are only for 'show'

Get a proper set from Amazon for £19.99

warlord, could you put a link up? :beerjug:

i`m really surprised at this. I ride with mine on all the time and have ridden through many a long proper rainy day with no issues. i`ve probably jinxed it now....

If the bike is still under 2 year warranty or the extended BMW warranty they will probably replace them with the new 2018 spec waterproof ones.

Thing is on my 2014 bike I used it in some utterly biblical rain with no problems but others I know had the spots pack in the first time they were used in rain (it seems to be a case of sketchy quality control with BMW outside suppliers parts)

If mine pack up, I'd now be inclined to get my screwdrivers out and take it apart.

See what's inside and how I could fix it with a more permanent and better quality standard.

But that's just me... take it to the dealers and keep getting it replaced until your warranty expires

Back
Top Bottom