iPhone XS v 8 plus

Deleted account 231205001

Reaction score
Just got an XS and I’m struggling to see any benefit. The screen is dull and flat, even with the correct adjustments. I miss the home button, as turning the screen on is real pain. Anyone else prefer the 7/8 over these new X things?

And no, I’m not buying a Samsung.

I was a bit worried about it going from my 7+ to a xs but I have had a seemless change over. Very happy. JJ

I’ve just got an xs and already can’t imagine how I ever thought the home button was a good idea.

However if you miss it I think you can turn a virtual home button on and also, you can wake the phone by tapping it, or unlock just by picking it up and swiping up.

Although I didn’t buy it for these reasons - I wanted the dual sim capability so I don’t have to lug two phones around everywhere - I now think it’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an XS and I’m struggling to see any benefit. The screen is dull and flat, even with the correct adjustments. I miss the home button, as turning the screen on is real pain. Anyone else prefer the 7/8 over these new X things?

Like Berin, I really can't imagine ever wanting a physical home button again.

I'm surprised about the dull screen? I don't actually notice a significant difference over my old iPhone (although it's defo a bit better) but dull & flat, really??

Features wise it's not a great step change but the increased processor power is very noticeable with apps loading up/working way slicker and when using processor hungry apps like photo/video editing it's a delight to use. Oh, and the camera's pretty fecking good too.

It's the law of diminishing returns I guess. iPhones are pretty shit hot and it gets harder to make big step change improvements as time goes on.

Andres

What size is it?

Like Berin, I really can't imagine ever wanting a physical home button again.

I'm surprised about the dull screen? I don't actually notice a significant difference over my old iPhone (although it's defo a bit better) but dull & flat, really??

Features wise it's not a great step change but the increased processor power is very noticeable with apps loading up/working way slicker and when using processor hungry apps like photo/video editing it's a delight to use. Oh, and the camera's pretty fecking good too.

It's the law of diminishing returns I guess. iPhones are pretty shit hot and it gets harder to make big step change improvements as time goes on.

Andres

The dual sim thing is great too. I run a work number and personal number, the only thing it can’t seem to do at the mo is use a different ring tone for each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had my iPhone X for just over a year and found the change over very easy, I didn’t miss the home button and even in total darkness the facial recognition was instant. My wife bought an XS Max in September, still complains about the facial recognition when it’s dark and took quite a while to adjust to not having a home button which seems odd because I just touch the screen anywhere then leer at it and it springs into life :D

Back
Top Bottom