Lake Konstanz

both 31 & 31n are busy but then it gets horrible when they merge

if you have all day to get to Silvretta then make a proper day of it by going eastish over to Wengen, then wiggle your way down to Lech - you will find the roads are lovely. You don't need to climb to over 2000m to have fun.

Thanks for the tip wessie, Much appreciated. I think I'll route us so that we arrive into Ittendorf from the north and avoid the lakeside route. The next day we ride to the Sivretta, then onto Landeck, down the B180, SS40 and finish up just short of the Stelvio at Trafoi. That's about 300km (180 miles) or so going the direct route, I like the look of the Wengen, Lech route, just have to check how much extra mileage it will involve. Again, thanks for the tips! :)

At the end of the day, all this is down to the crap law in Germany that forbids lane splitting, and another law in Germany is if the traffic is stopped the cars have to pull over right and left side to make a lane for the emergency services, do not dare ride down that lane, as it is asking for trouble.

My route this year takes me down the B500 and by Lake Konstanz. From what I've heard the northern side of lake Konstanz is a very busy route. Has anyone had experience of this road and is it true that it is indeed very busy? I'm running down from Baden-Baden to Imst via B500, which according to basecamp will take around 5 to 6 hours.
If someone has done this route I would grateful for any feedback.

The Konstanz roads were packed with traffic and bloody slow in the 1970's! Avoid today!

At the end of the day, all this is down to the crap law in Germany that forbids lane splitting, and another law in Germany is if the traffic is stopped the cars have to pull over right and left side to make a lane for the emergency services, do not dare ride down that lane, as it is asking for trouble.

Never had a problem in 30+ years of splitting lanes in Wunderbar Deutschland, or any other country for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom