Late Arrival to a GS

DuncanS

Reaction score
So having hung up my moped boots at 17 when I got a car, I finally took my Direct Access last Summer, a two wheel gap of 37 years! Was talked into doing it with the incentive offer of a virtually free but immaculate GPZ500 which has been fun but borrowed a '52 plate GS1150A early this year from a work chum to try something bigger.

Inevitably, I bought it! With a pampered history, full luggage and only 29,000 miles it was hard to resist. I still struggle at times with the sheer bulk but it's getting easier and having family in Normandy has given me the chance to take it to France a few times this Summer and stretch it's legs a on empty roads doing what it's obviously designed for.

So if you see a scared looking 50 something on a big yellow GSA dotting around Somerset, it could well be me!

Welcome.

If your struggling for height, there is a low seat option, the normal GS's shocks are also shorter. If your only planning to ride on the tarmac then you could always fit the GS rear shock and the cast wheels from the R/RT which would drop the bike about an inch.

Enjoy.

Welcome.

If your struggling for height, there is a low seat option, the normal GS's shocks are also shorter. If your only planning to ride on the tarmac then you could always fit the GS rear shock and the cast wheels from the R/RT which would drop the bike about an inch.

Enjoy.

Thanks for that, it's the bulk rather than the height that I'm having fun with but useful to know. I'm sure as the miles go on I won't even notice it.

I'm sure as the miles go on I won't even notice it.
yeah it gets easier, you do get used to it. Lookforward to seeing over a 100,000 miles o n one. They really do go on and on. Just keep an eye on the final drive. If you dont know when it last had a bearing replacement. Its worth getting that sorted at some point.

Back
Top Bottom