advice needed please

sutty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
last week i bought a 2015 gs from a well known bmw dealer it got a 2 yr warranty with it but that isnt the issue i was cleaning it today and saw some damage to the bike i didnt see in the shop the cylinder head has a scrape on it i didnt see this in the shop as it has tourateck cylinder guards and crash bars fitted no damage to them its behind them it looks like its been damage then all the tourteck stuff put on without repairing the damage also the spark plug cover hand guard and mirror has damage i am just about to phone them about it but thought i would ask on here first.:thumb

3yr old GS is probably going to have a few scratches scrapes etc. As long as it doesn’t affect the mechanical condition. The dealer may not have noticed the scrapes if they are covered up. Have a run down and chat with them.

i would normally

agree but they said it was mint 5000 mls 1 owner

Unfortunatly a dealers definition of "mint"

and your definition of "MINT" are probably a million worlds apart.

The dealer costs the bike to make a profit ( The perercentage varies on a multitude of variables)

If they are amicable - they may take some of the profit to

A) Give you a repair

B) Knock some cash your way

or

C) Tough shit, you had time to inspect etc, you signed the paperwork

Hopefully you will get A or B

The question is are the guards new? Did the dealer put them on to cover the damage? It’s unlikely as the touratech stuff is more likely to be more expensive than fixing/replaceing the original. I wouldn’t bother. It’s a 3 year old bike. JJH

Sounds like you are not happy, now you have seen the damage
ASAP ride it back today or tmrw if they are open
Take it back and ask for you money back.
Then see what options you both come up with.

Worst they can say is sold as seen is it?

Your agreement of sale should have a cooling off or return period on it. A three yr old GS will have some marks on surely .

1 agree

with you all i have had a chat with the sales man and they have agreed to change the cylinder cover and spark plug cover what got me is the fact that it has obviously been dropped at some time on its left side and no one saw the damage.

As JJH said the dealer probably didn’t know about the damage,

Certainly the previous owner covered it up with Touratech guards whereas a dealer would have used BMW OEM guards

I don’t think the dealer really had any obligation to accept so the fact that he is changing the parts shows that he gives a shit :thumby:

last week i bought a 2015 gs from a well known bmw dealer it got a 2 yr warranty with it but that isnt the issue i was cleaning it today and saw some damage to the bike i didnt see in the shop the cylinder head has a scrape on it i didnt see this in the shop as it has tourateck cylinder guards and crash bars fitted no damage to them its behind them it looks like its been damage then all the tourteck stuff put on without repairing the damage also the spark plug cover hand guard and mirror has damage i am just about to phone them about it but thought i would ask on here first.:thumb

Are they; slid up the road marks; or just , topple over marks; i would say the latter has happened to most GS; mines had a couple of stationary lay downs. If your uncomfortable with it; just pop back and have a quick word. These bikes were made to be knocked around.

ahh it was the cylinder rocker cover ? I thought you said it was the head.
anyhow sounds a result, (as long as the colour of the replacement matches the other side:D
crashbars fitted after dropping the bike and scratching the rocker cover? I think a few of us can admit to that.
enjoy your new ride. make a few of your own scratches and then you will be bonding with it.

Back
Top Bottom