Aux Spot Lights

Bandare

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello All.

I've been doing a search to try and find some answers to questions I have regarding fitting some aux spotlights to my 2003 R1150GSA, that I've recently purchased, but I'm struggling to find good threads. My questions are:

:: What are the best alternative spot lights to the BMW official ones that I could fit to the side bars that are LED? I see quite a few on ebay but better to have recommendations.

:: What are the best ways to wire them up on an 1150GSA? I see with the more modern GS, there is the possibility to use the HEX ezCAN so the aux lights work with the handlebar switches. Are there any options to do that with a 2003 1150GSA?

If anyone can point me in the right direction here, that would be great. I've searched using spotlights, lights, aux lights but haven't managed to find what I'm looking for.

They don't look bad at all. Are they easy to wire up? Do you have them come on with the regular lights switch or on a switch you've added just for them?

I bought some of these for my R1200GSA https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Spot...b:g:VQoAAOSwpaZbdUyW:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true
mine came from China the connector for the loom was wrong so had to crimp on the correct one which was a minor bind however they are slightly smaller than the originals but a lot brighter, quite pleased with them.

I have the same. They replaced a set of Give Trekker lights in which the reflectors had corroded.
I just linked them into my Givi wiring loom and switch.

They come a waterproof connector one end of which has a live and earth trailing wire.
It depends how you want them connected. Mine are wired through a relay and a switch. The relay is wired to come on with the ignition on. Then the power from the lights through the relay and the switch.

I have the same. They replaced a set of Give Trekker lights in which the reflectors had corroded.
I just linked them into my Givi wiring loom and switch.

They come a waterproof connector one end of which has a live and earth trailing wire.
It depends how you want them connected. Mine are wired through a relay and a switch. The relay is wired to come on with the ignition on. Then the power from the lights through the relay and the switch.

Thank you for that. Are kits available for the 1150GS that specifically include a relay and switch or just go to an electronic store?

They don't look bad at all. Are they easy to wire up? Do you have them come on with the regular lights switch or on a switch you've added just for them?

I didn't want to change any wiring on my bike loom so it seemed they would just replace the standard GSA spots when i ordered them.

Unfortunately the Chinese H11 was not European standard so i had to buy some H11 connectors and replace them on the spot lights easy peasy.

They bolted straight onto the spot lamp brackets on my crash bars and then with the new/correct connector added plug straight into the existing spot lamp connectors so its the same standard/factory fitted fog lamp switch on my handle bars.

For the price and small faff of getting the extra connectors and fitting they were still worth it I'm very pleased with them.

I didn't want to change any wiring on my bike loom so it seemed they would just replace the standard GSA spots when i ordered them.

Unfortunately the Chinese H11 was not European standard so i had to buy some H11 connectors and replace them on the spot lights easy peasy.

They bolted straight onto the spot lamp brackets on my crash bars and then with the new/correct connector added plug straight into the existing spot lamp connectors so its the same standard/factory fitted fog lamp switch on my handle bars.

For the price and small faff of getting the extra connectors and fitting they were still worth it I'm very pleased with them.

aaah, I see now :)
My 1150GS doesn't have spots. I don't think it ever did. I'm now wondering if there is a provision in the wiring loom to just add the spots and wire them in or if I'll need to go with the option vRSG60 did with the switch and relay?

Would you be able to show me a link to the extra connector you had to buy??
I want to do the same.

Sent from a U11

aaah, I see now :)
My 1150GS doesn't have spots. I don't think it ever did. I'm now wondering if there is a provision in the wiring loom to just add the spots and wire them in or if I'll need to go with the option vRSG60 did with the switch and relay?

Hi Curvabol Im unsure about the wiring of an 1150 I had a quick scan on youtube and found this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pip0_5mc3WA looks a bit complicated at first but does explain the relay outlets.

I think the Kit Same light but with a wiring harness & Relay that vRSG60 recommended will be easier to fit as its a manufactured kit.

I used self sealing heat shrink crimps instead of soldering the wires https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Wate...1d55020ad:m:mISjLSMxiG5YrOnGAzQP8EA:rk:4:pf:0

Hope this helps

Just ordered a pair too and some H11 connectors - thanks for the links.

Back
Top Bottom