ICELAND 2019 WEST FJORDS +

That’s a good recommendation smug ill probably take them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They were good on a big heavy bike but not knobbly enough for slippery off road on a lighter bike. Will put my knobblier tyres back on for Iceland.

They were good on a big heavy bike but not knobbly enough for slippery off road on a lighter bike. Will put my knobblier tyres back on for Iceland.

Knobblier is always good

Have you considered the Michelin Anakee Wild? I had them on my R1150GS and found that they lasted much better than the TKCs and were great in Iceland.

I have a pair on the CCM at the moment but will probably take them off for Iceland.

I had Anakees on the GS when we were last in Iceland. They were okay, but on the large pebbles over the beach at slow speed they didn’t dig in.

I dont blame the tyres, I blame my rubbish riding, but if I’m specing the bike for Iceland may as well consider these issues now.

I had Anakees on the GS when we were last in Iceland. They were okay, but on the large pebbles over the beach at slow speed they didn’t dig in.

I dont blame the tyres, I blame my rubbish riding, but if I’m specing the bike for Iceland may as well consider these issues now.

Your GS was never going cope well over big rocks at low speed, correct tyre pressures will help.

Your GS was never going cope well over big rocks at low speed, correct tyre pressures will help.

Happy days ..

54cd0d400bce5d4b998295f5efd981f5.jpg

The photo doesn’t show the water channel from the cliff or the movement in the pebbles.

I thought we were doing brilliantly until that hire car passed coming the other way .

Happy days ..

The photo doesn’t show the water channel from the cliff or the movement in the pebbles.

I thought we were doing brilliantly until that hire car passed coming the other way .

Told you to take the line to your left with the GS just there :D

Happy days ..

Great picture have to say I thought that section was the hardest bit

Told you to take the line to your left with the GS just there :D

I recall that instruction distinctly. However, I hadn’t appreciated the time to take the left line was immediate, I thought the time to change was later and around the corner. once committed I wasn’t going to straddle the centre pile of pebbles with my shire horse whilst the my little pony CCM were skipping over the tops!

1e8352df94e695ac99df394dae1d124a.jpg

A biking legend is born

I’m really pleased you took that picture I have it as a canvas on my front room wall just summed that trip up for me
I was sitting on my 790 yesterday collect next Tuesday have you got yours

I recall that instruction distinctly. However, I hadn’t appreciated the time to take the left line was immediate, I thought the time to change was later and around the corner. once committed I wasn’t going to straddle the centre pile of pebbles with my shire horse whilst the my little pony CCM were skipping over the tops!
Tim always points out the best line!!
7VTQ0oj.jpg

MBxU0hB.jpg

Swyxvon.jpg

zA7UNRk.jpg

You need to pay better attention Joe.

Please stop posting these amazing pictures !
If I didn’t hate camping and was pretty shite off-road I’d love to do this one day.

Please stop posting these amazing pictures !
If I didn’t hate camping and was pretty shite off-road I’d love to do this one day.

Mate nobody likes camping it’s a neccesity but I was like you the first time sitting on my computer 11pm on the forum and Tim’s thread popped up and I replied in minutes rest history you can ride a bike if you want to do it you will the crack is mint don’t forget I did not know these people do it

1d8156d9a075972f952b70506e1dc37b.jpg

A bit of quality packing, this is what happens when you walk around a supermarket buying BBQ stuff and beers, leave with a trolley full. One bike is a 701, one bike is a CCM and he other a GSA.

Mate nobody likes camping it’s a neccesity but I was like you the first time sitting on my computer 11pm on the forum and Tim’s thread popped up and I replied in minutes rest history you can ride a bike if you want to do it you will the crack is mint don’t forget I did not know these people do it

I seem to recall your last words were fuck that I’m never doing that again, I’m staying on the road.

Addictive init!

Back
Top Bottom