Apple gurus,

davegs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
have recent I pad pro (2017) trying to install a additional i pad fine but I pad says it does not recognise my Apple ID. Finger tip I.D. works fine as do mall existing apps, how can I change my Apple I.D. ie password. Any advice appreciated (still prefer Windows so far!).

No, first I pad iv'e ever had.

Which password are you referring to?

My Apple ID password is different from my Ipad password. I set up the Apple ID password first when I bought my Imac. I acquired my IPad Mini some years later and set it up with its own different access password. Of course I still need my Apple ID password to access the App Store and system upgrades etc.

If your problem is with the IPad access password you need to sort this out as when you do a software upgrade you will require the Apple ID password to access the upgrade and the IPad password to be input when you restart the IPad. I don’t think it will accept the fingerprint on a restart from cold.

Tom

The Apple ID password is usually set up with letters and numbers where the iPad passcode will be just numbers.

have recent I pad pro (2017) trying to install a additional i pad fine but I pad says it does not recognise my Apple ID. Finger tip I.D. works fine as do mall existing apps, how can I change my Apple I.D. ie password. Any advice appreciated (still prefer Windows so far!).

I’ll PM you my mobile number. It’s not clear what exactly you are having problems with so a call would be beneficial I believe. I don’t profess to being an expert but have a few apple products and generally know my way around them. If you want to give me a ring please do.

If you are really stuck Apple will sort the iPad out for you if you have. the original receipt. This applies to all Apple products. Never throw away original receipt.

passwords

Many thanks for all the advice, wrote down all the info when it was set up password has a number the pass word but diddent realize it was part of it!!. All now seems well.

Back
Top Bottom